Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sunburnt Tuesday!

I have returned to good ole Gilbert with a nice red glow and the inability to cross my ankles without wincing. Yes, the only place I am fatally sunburned is my shins. Who knew?

Anywho, to continue on with this wonderful post, it is the end of another Tuesday and I have yet to inform you of the wonderful movies that were released on DVD today!

Drillbit Taylor - I did see this movie in theaters and I must say it was very funny. Owen Wilson pulls out a stellar performance and Nate Hartley and Troy Gentile (the two nerdy boys) were very convincing and hilarious as well. All in all, it's definitely a rent-er or pay-per-view-er. Whichever works for you.

Vantage Point - Now this movie is cool. It revolves around on incident and they show the same fifteen minutes from multiple people's points of view. The effects are amazing, the actors are awesome (Dennis Quaid, William Hurt, Matthew Fox, Sigourney Weaver), and the story is very unique and imaginative. You most definitely have to see this somehow.

Tyler Perry's Meet the Browns - I didn't get a chance to see this one. I did however enjoy previous Tyler Perry movies (Madea's Family Reunion and Diary of a Mad Black Woman). He is amazing at perfectly mixing drama and comedy and I'm sure that this film delivers as well. I know I'm going to see it sometime soon.

Death and Sex 101 - This movie never hit theaters (as far as I know) and the only reason I mention it here is because it sounds interesting. It stars Simon Baker and Winona Ryder and the story is "A guy's life is turned around by an email, which includes the names of everyone he's had sex with and ever will have sex with. His situation gets worse when he encounters a femme fatale (Ryder) who targets men guilty of sex crime" (imdb.com). Although it sounds dirty, I think it's worth seeing once simply because I like Simon Baker from Something New. So if you aren't interested, get Something New.

Goodies!

Underrated movie of the post: Hairspray. I'm talking about the new musical version much to the chagrin of my friend Sondra who is a John Waters fanatic. This movie is fantastic! It's fun, it has a fantastic soundtrack and the acting is phenomenal! John Travolta is a woman for goodness' sake! Need I say more?

Movies to see: Most definitely Vantage Point and Hairspray. If you have time, Drillbit Taylor and Something New. And if you're feeling like a risk (because I haven't given you my opinion on them yet) Tyler Perry's Meet the Browns and Sex and Death 101. Lemme know what you think.

Name 7 Tom Cruise: Eyes Wide Shut, Mission: Impossible, Minority Report, Far Far Away, Risky Business, Jerry Maguire, TAPS

Simon Baker was in Sex and Death 101 with Winona Ryder who was in Little Women with Kirsten Dunst who was in Interview with a Vampire with Tom Cruise who was in A Few Good Men with Kevin Bacon: 4 steps

2 comments:

Molly and Molly said...

thanks for reminding me about vantage point - i'm going to put it on my netflix. also, will i see you this friday?

Molly and Molly said...

okay, the whole quote is this:

"okie silly dilly dokie-o...i'm an idiot"

let me know if you need more clues :) also, it helps if you actually hear it, it's a very distinctive way to say "i'm an idiot"