Tuesday, July 8, 2008

New Movie Tuesday!

There isn't much that came out on DVD today. So to keep this blog interesting, I'm thinking of starting a scoring system to rate all the movies I talk about. Let me know what you think (not that it matters, because if I like it then you'll have to deal with it).

Batman: Gotham Knight - This movie is described as being the first PG-13 animated Batman movie. My question is, who cares? Make it R and then get back to me. Rating: 1/5 pathetic attempts to make money off of the premiere of Dark Knight.

Psych: Season 2 - Psych is by far the funniest show on USA. It isn't a big compliment considering, but season one was great as was season two. So if you haven't seen it, I suggest adding it to your ever-growing Netflix list. Rating: 4/5 inches that James Roday's nose sticks out from his face.

Monk: Season 6 - I'm only including this because my grandma loves this show. I'll admit it's funny, but not something I could ever become addicted to. Rating: 3/5, 3/5, 3/5.

The Ruins - I wasn't even going to include this movie since it is classified as horror and I don't do scary movies. However, as I was perusing the back of the case, I came across many actors that I recognized. Almost all are actors from my generation (i.e. Shawn Ashmore from X-Men and Joe Anderson from Across the Universe) so adults wouldn't care, but I'm actually considering buckling down and watching this movie just to see them. Rating: 2/5 Mayan curses that brutally kills some college kids.

Stop-Loss - I was actually really excited for this movie simply for Joseph Gordon-Levitt, whom I love. However, I never got to see it in theaters and someone told me the ending. Let's just say, my whole reason for seeing the movie doesn't last all the way through. Needless to say, I lost interest. Who wants to watch Ryan Phillipe flirt with his real-life mistress? No thanks. Rating: 1/5 cheating husbands.

Sleepwalking - This movie looks VERY interesting. It stars AnnaSophia Robb (the new and better Dakota Fanning), Nick Stahl (who I like from Terminator 3 and Sin City), Charlize Theron and some other guys. I don't wanna go in depth, but I'm adding it to my Netflix, so you should as well. Rating: 4/5 little blonde girls taking over Hollywood.

Superhero Movie - Yet another spoof movie. I haven't seen one since Epic Movie, but I'm pretty sure they'll never die. Rating: 1/5 references to every lame movie ever made.

Goodies!

Underrated movie of the post: 10 Things I Hate About You. I have quoted this movie so many times it's ridiculous. Today, on my way home, I witnessed another car coming very close to rear-ending the one in front of it. So I thought of when Julia Stiles tells her father, Larry Miller, about how she rammed into Andrew Keegan's car:
Larry Miller: Oops? My insurance doesn't cover PMS!
Julia Stiles: Well then, tell them I had a seizure.
Classic. But this is only one of the lesser quotes from the movie and you should refresh yourself on the multitude of others!

Movies to see: Psych (I know it's not a movie, per say, but it counts if you get it on DVD), Sleepwalking, 10 Things I Hate About You, Terminator 3, Sin City, Across the Universe, X-Men, and Dark Knight.

Random thought of the post: Matthew McConaughey's accent is annoying. There I said it.

Name 7 Jennifer Garner: Elektra, Daredevil, The Kingdom, 13 Going on 30, Catch and Release, Pearl Harbor, Juno

Selma Blair was in My Mom's New Boyfriend with Meg Ryan who was in In The Cut with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

3 comments:

Molly and Molly said...

haha, i'm dying about the McConaughey thing. also, very impressed with the selma blair connection - 2 steps!

Molly and Molly said...

oh ashley, how would anything you do be lame? yes, i thought they were funny; i didn't get it until i read the one about james roday's nose (that was my favorite & the cheating husband one). it's so creative that it makes me mad that you are smarter than me - i'd never think that up!

Unknown said...

Glad to know,thanks for sharing.
Movies New Jersey