Tuesday, July 15, 2008

New Jersey Tuesday!

There are many movies that came out on DVD today, but only a few are noteworthy. They are listed in order of importance.

Penelope - By far one of the best movies I've seen in theaters in 2008 which is a bold statement because the year isn't even up yet and there are going to be a lot more good movies coming out soon. This movie is amazing and if you don't try your hardest to see this movie then your life will not be as interesting nor as complete as mine. (I'm trying to convey the seriousness of this movie, is it working?)

Bank Job - I haven't seen this one yet, but I intend to eventually. Jason Statham has produced a few duds, but I've enjoyed most of his awesome-tastic action movies. This one is faintly reminiscent of Italian Job (the sequel is scheduled for 2009 and ridiculously titled "The Brazilian Job". Seriously?), but is in no way related to it. I'm just going to watch it to see if something blows up.

Step Up 2 - This movie was pretty dumb (as was the first), but I went to see it with my friend Katie Guhy because she loves them. I'll admit it has its funny moments and the dude in it is pretty freaking hot, but other than that the plot was cookie-cutter and the acting wasn't great.

College Road Trip - I didn't bother to see this movie for one reason: Donny Osmond. Besides that, the plot is too predictable and it looks as though Martin Lawrence makes an idiot of himself too often. It's just pathetic after a while (i.e. Meet the Parents and Meet the Fockers). If you're still unconvinced, I put Step Up 2 before this on my list of importance. That should say it all.

Shutter - I cannot handle scary movies and if I was ever in a position to see the preview even I probably shut my eyes. Don't expect too many reviews on scary movies from me. I heard it was dumb, though, but I can't give you anything concrete.

Some pretty amazing movies are coming out on Friday: The Dark Knight! and Mamma Mia! (the exclamation there is in the title and not added on like I did with The Dark Knight!). Even though I am in New Jersey and they have curvy roads, I will be going to see this amazing movie at midnight and I cannot wait! I'll be sure to tell you all about it.

Le caramelle! ("the candies" in Italian and I'd like to think of my favorite games as candies for your mind!)

Underrated movie of the post: Hudson Hawk. I know that the people who have seen this movie love it as much as I do, but very few people have seen it. It is a funny action movie and it stars Bruce Willis which is reason enough to see any movie. So Netflix it Molly, since you're probably the only person who adds things onto your queue whenever I tell you to. Haha.

Movies to see: Penelope, Bank Job, The Dark Knight, Mamma Mia! and Hudson Hawk.

Random thought of the post: All of the older actors that our parents/grandparents love used to be heart-throbs like Christian Bale or James Franco or babes like Natalie Portman or Christina Ricci. Try to wrap your mind around that!

Name 7 Vince Vaughn: Wedding Crashers, Old School, Zoolander, Made, The Break-Up, Jurassic Park: The Lost World, Dodgeball.

John Leguizamo was in Ice Age 2: The Meltdown with Queen Latifah who was in Beauty Shop with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

That's enough for today. Wait til you see what I have in store for you next time!

2 comments:

Molly and Molly said...

kevin bacon was in beauty shop? you just blew my mind.

also, i am just a pawn in your netflix game

Unknown said...

I like your article and it really gives an outstanding idea that is very helpful for all the people on web.Movies New Jersey