Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The 7 Day Challenge

Firstly, my brother and I have decided to challenge ourselves. Starting last Saturday, we have been going to see a different movie everyday for a week. We've actually been sticking with it, but are starting to run out of movies to see. Here's how it's going so far.

Saturday: Hancock.
Sunday: Wanted.
Monday: Wall-E.
Tuesday: The Love Guru.
Wednesday: Get Smart.

5 days down, 2 to go! We'll probably see the midnight showing of Hellboy 2, but that is technically Friday's so we just need to find something to see on Thursday and our dream will be realized. I'm leaning toward seeing Harold & Kumar 2 in the dollar theater, but who knows what will happen! This is so exciting! I'll keep you updated.

Secondly, as mentioned above, I recently saw The Love Guru. I will be the first to admit that this movie is utterly ridiculous. The jokes are very Mike Myers-esque and there are more puns than anyone could ever know what to do with. However, the one person that brought the movie together and overpowered the disgusting-ness of Jessica Alba was Steven Colbert! Although he wasn't in the movie as much as he should have been, he easily stole the show. Allow me to add the quote that made me laugh so hard my sides hurt:

"I like the Christmas babies, Trent! I like how my skin feels in the rainbow jacket!"

Just you wait til you actually see it in context, but wait til it comes out on DVD because it's not worth paying 9 bucks for. Plus, this way you can fast-forward all of Jessica Alba.

El goodie-os.

Underrated movie of the post: Knocked Up. I know that a lot of people are mocking all of the new movie previews that start with "From the guys who brought you Knocked Up and Superbad...", but the movie is still great! And it was a big success so that's why they keep milking it for all it's worth. I mean, if you think about it, the movies they are advertising for are meant for the same audience as Knocked Up. I don't know about you, but I'm THRILLED to see Pineapple Express!

Movies to See: Pineapple Express and Knocked Up. Embrace your disgusting side.

Random thought of the post: I feel bad for actors who get type-cast for horrible/embarrassing roles. Such as, Jaleel White as Steve Urkel. What's even more depressing is the lengths these actors will go to try (futilely I might add) to erase these images. Such as, Daniel Radcliffe bearing all on some stage in London. How sad.

Name 7 Steve Martin: Cheaper By the Dozen, Bringing Down the House, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Pink Panther, Baby Mama, Father of the Bride, Bowfinger

Jerry Orbach was in Dirty Dancing with Jennifer Grey who was in Ferris Bueller's Day Off with Matthew Broderick who was in Cable Guy with Jim Carrey who was in Bruce Almighty with Jennifer Aniston who was in Picture Perfect with Kevin Bacon: 5 steps.

1 comment:

Molly and Molly said...

good for you! i thought jerry orbach would be harder...or easier since everyone and their mother has been on law & order. or is it just movies?