Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday = Movie Day!

Alrighty, it's a pretty slow day at the theaters today. Nothing extremely interesting to report until next Friday when the majesty of Dark Knight is released! (Woot) Here's what we've got:

Hellboy II: The Golden Army - Alex and I saw this movie at midnight this morning and I have to say that I enjoyed it. They took the time to actually come up with a decent plot for a sequel unlike so many other films (ahem-pirates-ahem). They took a good four years before spitting out another Hellboy and I think it was well worth it.

Meet Dave - I'll admit that I have no desire to see this movie. I really like Gabrielle Union, but not even she gives me the desire to spend money on this film.

Journey to the Center of the Earth: 3D - I actually wouldn't mind seeing this one. Brendan Frasier is cool and movies in Digital 3D, while a little corny, can be cool as well. I probably won't run out to see it, but if I have nothing better to do, I might if the occasion calls for it.

So Alex and I completed our 7 movies in 7 days early this morning. For our Thursday show, we saw Street Kings with Keanu Reeves. There was actually a ton of other people in it and it was a lovely surprise each time one showed up. There was sexy man Chris Evans, Forest Whitaker, Jay Mohr, John Corbett, Cedric the Entertainer, Hugh Laurie, Terry Crews, Naomie Harris, Amaury Nolasco, and Common. I understand if you don't recognize more than half of those names. Knowing random people's names that other's do not is a sad truth that I have gotten used to.
Lastly, we saw Hellboy 2 at the midnight show which is technically Friday so everything worked out nicely. I'm not sure we'll be trying that again any time soon, however, because we were running out of things to see once we got down to the wire.

Goodies!

Underrated movie of the post: Because I Said So. Although this movie is a HUGE chick flick, it is actually very humorous. The story is somewhat predictable in places, but the ending is worth it. The real reason I'm discussing this movie is because of an underrated actor: Gabriel Macht. You've seen this guy around, but probably never noticed how good looking he is because he's never really been in the lime-light. I'll admit he's not extremely gorgeous, but he is nice to look at while watching this hormone-driven film.

Movies to see: Hellboy, Street Kings, and Because I Said So. All good ones.

Random thought: Ron Perlman looks better red with horns and a tail. He should seriously consider adopting the alter-ego of Hellboy permanently.

Name 7 Denzel Washington: Bone Collector, American Gangster, Philidelphia, Out of Time, Great Debators, Antwone Fisher, Deja Vu.

Amanda Bynes was in What a Girl Wants with Kelly Preston who was in Death Sentence with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

1 comment:

Molly and Molly said...

come to the beach, come to the beach, come to the beach eeeaaarrrlllyyyyyy! come, come, come, come, come, come.........