Friday, July 18, 2008

"See? It's magic!"

I don't want to state the obvious, but I went to see The Dark Knight at the midnight show here in Jersey (3 hours before everyone back in AZ. Haha). I didn't have high expectations for the entirety of the movie, but I knew that Heath Ledger wouldn't fail to impress. His performance as the Joker was, what I think, the highlight of his very short, but decorated career. I'm not just saying this because he is deceased, I truly believe that I would think this regardless. His characterization was brilliant to the point that I forgot it was just some guy wearing make-up. It was very real. If the man doesn't at least get nominated for an Oscar then there is something seriously wrong with the Academy.
On to the rest of the cast. Christian Bale was as sexy as ever when he wasn't wearing the stupid costume. I don't know why he feels he must speak like a deranged lunatic the second that mask is on, but it definitely detracts from the film overall. Maggie Gyllenhaal was a bunch of steps up from good ole Katie Holmes. The acting from her was superb. Aaron Eckhart, one of my crushes, was great as Harvey Dent. I was very pleased with him over all and the graphics were beyond awesome (you'll find out what that means when you see it). And, as always, Gary Oldman puts a smile on your face.
All in all, the movie was a bit long for a midnight show, but when you haven't stayed up all night it should be fine. There was plenty of action (including a little visit from Batman Begins alum Cillian Murphy. Yay!), tons of drama, and a kickass clown. Go see it!

Goodies.

Underrated movie of the post: The Four Feathers. Mind you I've only seen this movie from directly under one of those little airplane TVs, but this movie is quite good. It's dramatic, it's action-y, and Heath Ledger's in it. What more do you need?

Movies to see: The Dark Knight and Four Feathers.

Random thought of the post: It's rude to slander the dead. I don't care what they've done or whether or not it's their own fault for being dead, it's rude. And it's especially rude when you are misinformed, yet you continue to be ignorant when presented with the accurate information.

Name 7 Sean Bean: Flight Plan, Lord of the Rings, The Hitcher, National Treasure, Equilibrium, Troy, All those Sharpe movies on BBC.

Tommy Lee Jones was in Double Jeopardy with Ashley Judd who was in Kiss the Girls with Morgan Freeman who was in Wanted with Angelina Jolie who was in Mr. and Mrs. Smith with Brad Pitt who was in Sleepers with Kevin Bacon: 5 steps.

1 comment:

Molly and Molly said...

hey i know you're on vacation and all, but i'm not anymore & I need an ashley fix! get back to work!