Monday, September 29, 2008

We Belong in this World Together.

I hope everyone enjoyed my Dracula post from last weekend. I'm sure you did, but were so overwhelmed by laughter that you forgot to cast your vote. No big. The next one I've got in the works is Batman. That should be a good one.

The two DVDs worth mentioning that are out today are:

Iron Man - If you are ridiculous and haven't seen this movie yet, you NEED to go out and get it tonight. Not only is it the pinnacle of Robert Downey, Jr.'s comeback, but it's a badass movie as a whole. Numerous Explosions + Actual Plotline = Awesome movie.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall - I didn't bother to see this movie in theaters because I thought it looked dumb. I predicted the ending from just the previews, that was my first clue. However, I regret not going because I've heard from a bunch of people how funny it is despite the predictability. I intend to get it on Netflix as soon as possible. I suggest you do the same.

TV news: I've started to fall head over heels for Sylar from Heroes. I always knew he was a badass and awesome, but the evil thing was turning me off. However, now the writers are putting him in the position to do good and I'm loving it. Also, the dude is pretty funny. Watch the latest episode and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Goodies!

Underrated movie of the post: Freaks. This movie was made all the way back in 1932. I know what you're thinking, "Surely not! No one was alive then!" But contrary to this belief, people were alive and making movies none the less! I watched this gem in my "Freaks of Nature" class in school which is a lit class all about the people society deems "freaks". The movie revolves around a Freak Show and stars real-life "freaks" (i.e. dwarfs, conjoined twins, etc.). The movie is a little ridiculous by today's standards, but back then it was very controversial. I suggest you partake in this one if you've got the time and resources. It'll be worth the hour and a half.

Movies/TV to see: Iron Man, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Episode 3 of this season's Heroes, and Freaks.

Random thought of the post: Is it funny to anyone else how Robert Downey, Jr. is making his comeback from DRUGS? It just goes to show that if you're good looking, you can get away with pretty much anything. People still love him despite his past addictions AND his present cockiness. I like the guy too! I still think he should be less cocky and more grateful that Hollywood has given him a second chance, though.

Name 7 Meg Ryan: The Women, In the Cut, Joe Vs. The Volcano, Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail, Proof of Life, In the Land of Women.

Robert Downey, Jr. was in Tropic Thunder with Ben Stiller who was in Meet the Fockers with Dustin Hoffman who was in Rain Man with Tom Cruise who was in A Few Good Men with Kevin Bacon: 4 steps.

Quote Quiz 9 winner: No one. It's from Blade: Trinity. You need to see it. Ryan Reynolds is both sexy/fine and a comic genius. Brilliant.

Quote Quiz 10 winner: Katie Hesser with Serenity! I'm so proud that you got this one! My favorite character from the show/movie is Wash. In my opinion he makes this movie. Even though everyone else contributes equally, Alan Tudyk will always be my favorite.

Quote Quiz 11: Which Kurt Russell movie is this quote from? : "Yeah, I know. There’s a problem with your face."
a. Overboard!
b. Captain Ron
c. Big Trouble in Little China
d. Sky High

2 comments:

Molly and Molly said...

i'm bubbling in my scantron circle "c" - big trouble in little china. and i better be right, because these sheets are 10 cents each!

KT80 said...

um...b? i've only ever seen sky high. is overboard! good? it doesn't look good to me, but abc family plays it all the time.

btw, yay! i win! i'm expecting that medal any day now, you know.