Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Nothing Interesting

I don't have much to report this Tuesday. Here's what came out:

Sex and the City Movie: meh, it was okay. I was never really hooked on it like so many of my friends. I literally watched all of the seasons in the two weeks before it came out in theaters. Talk about sex/drama overload! I must admit that it was cute and I heard a rumor there may be a sequel. It'll probably be in a nursing home since Samantha (Kim Catrall) is almost 90.

Leatherheads: I never had the drive to see this movie. George Clooney just doesn't do it for me and I'm not in love with John Krasinski enough. Although I wouldn't mind knowing who won Renee Zellweger in the end. Anyone?

Run, Fatboy, Run: Now this movie is a winner. Simon Pegg is beyond hilarious, Thandie Newton is a babe and Hank Azaria is oddly enough the "catch" in this movie. He's all buff and walking around naked (my only opposition. gross). This one's a renter for sure. I may even be as bold as to add it to my collection someday.

I've made a discovery about myself earlier with my friend Katrina. It's kind of groundbreaking.

I don't like to like what everyone else loves.

Case and point? Shia LaBeouf. I dislike him in most aspects, but I still like his movies and think he's funny. However, all I do is talk about the bads whenever an admirer brings him up.
This isn't the first time, either. I realized that I did this with Leonardo DiCaprio back in the Titanic days. EVERYONE was in love with him so I pretended that I disliked him and even went to far as to laugh when he died in the movie. In reality, I thought he was just as good looking as everyone else did.
I'm not exactly sure what goes on in my brain that makes me do things like this, but I'm not sure it's such a bad thing. I'm not one to go out of my way to be unique, but I think we could all use a refresher when it comes to how wonderful Shia is. I mean, honestly, he got arrested at a Walgreens for heaven's sake! (No, I will never let that go. It's too stupid.)

Goodies!

Underrated movie of the post: RENT. Although I've heard the movie is nothing compared to the broadway (which is always the case, especially with books), this movie isn't half bad. The soundtrack is definitely fun and the actors are very good. (Rosario Dawson, Idina Menzel, Taye Diggs. To name a few.)

Movies to see: Run, Fatboy, Run; RENT; and Sex and the City if you're so inclined.

Random confession of the post: A majority of my iPod is filled with the soundtracks to musicals. I'm lame.

Name 7 musical soundtracks I have on my iPod: Mamma Mia!, RENT, Moulin Rouge, Across the Universe, Phantom of the Opera, Grease, Hairspray.

Simon Pegg was in Run, Fatboy, Run with Thandie Newton who was in Pursuit of Happyness with Will Smith who was in Hancock with Charlize Theron who was in Trapped with Kevin Bacon: 4 steps.

Quote Quiz #8 winner: No one, but I'm not surprised. It's from Crimson Tide, my daddio's favorite movie ever. I honestly haven't seen this movie all the way through, but don't tell my dad or he'll wanna watch it.

Quote Quiz #9: "I can tell you two things. One, your hairdo is... ridiculous. Two, I ate a lot of garlic, and I just farted. Silent but deadly."

1 comment:

Molly and Molly said...

ahahahaha -- i don't know what that is yet, but it's hysterical!