Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Apathy and Procrastination

It is only the second week of school and I am already dodging my ever-growing pile of homework to watch movies, read the sadly never-to-be-finished Midnight Sun, and now blogging. And I'm sorry, Smolls, for not doing so for an entire week now because I tried to be responsible this weekend. In the end, I went cliff-jumping, and watched hours upon hours of new movies I picked up, completely shunning my homework. Shun! Shuuuunnn!

The movies I missed talking about last Friday:

Babylon A.D. - This is the only one that seems even remotely interesting. It's set in the future, it's all science fiction-y and Vin Diesel's in it being his regular badass. Reasons enough for me.

College - As much as Drake Bell is hot, this movie is not. Don't bother unless you want to imitate the stupid frat boys in the movie and lose brain cells.

Disaster Movie - I stopped watching these parody movies after seeing the atrocity that was Epic Movie. Or was it Date Movie? You see my point.

Movies that came out on DVD today:

Mostly TV shows (including the wonder that is Office Season 4) an indie-flick directed by and starring Helen Hunt (who is a babe in my book) called Then She Found Me. It's a dark comedy, but still good and it has Colin Firth, Katie! Lastly, It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! What a classic. I wish I had gotten it last year when it wasn't being released in this uber-special anniversary edition, though. Then it would be cheaper. So I guess I won't bother trying to get it until the price goes back down.

I've added even more movies to my collection including: The Indiana Jones Collection, The Star Wars Collection (the old good ones, back in the happier days when Hayden Christianson wasn't acting), Clueless (it was cheap and it can be a decent movie when you're in the right mood), and Nightmare Before Christmas! Yay!

Goodness Gracious! Gimme Goodies! (That's called alliteration. Thank you.)

Underrated movie of the post: The Corpse Bride. We were playing this goodie in my store before we got a used Nightmare to try and attract all the crazies. I've only seen it once and I remember thinking it was okay, but I found myself bobbing along with the music during some parts. Although, the dude doesn't sound much like Johnny Depp who supposedly voiced the part. I remain unconvinced. But hey, it's Tim Burton.

Movies to see: Babylon A.D., Then She Found Me, The Office, Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Clueless.

Name 7 Will Smith: Independence Day, I, Robot, Enemy of the State, Bad Boys, Hitch, Hancock, Jersey Girl.

Hank Azaria was in Godzilla with Matthew Broderick who was in Then She Found Me with Colin Firth who was in Where the Truth Lies with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps.

Quote #2 winner: No one! I'm shocked and appalled. No one even bothered cheating, either. It's from Ocean's 12.

Quote #3: "Now if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you can come up with another clever idea to get us all killed - or worse, expelled."

2 comments:

Molly and Molly said...

hermione granger, sorcerer's stone! boo-yah

KT80 said...

what's the helen hunt (and colin firth!) movie about?

ps i love it when i get a shout-out. it makes my day ;)