Monday, September 8, 2008

TiVo and Tom Cruise in a Fat Suit

I realized after I posted my wondrous post on TVs Fall schedule, that I was only giving you half of the story. I gave you the what and when, but I didn't give you the who and where! How silly of me. So now I will rectify this mistake and fulfill my duties as Entertainment Master.

I realize that most people either do not have a DVR (TiVo) or they have their own shows to record that may or may not conflict with the new shows that I have brought to their attention. Therefore, I am enlightening you readers to something I have taken full advantage of during the last year: watching TV online. Many stations make this available to their fans for most of their popular programs and it is wonderful. So here is the list again, but I have added the station it is broadcasted on so you know where to go online. Most, if not all of these shows will be available.

Sarah Conner Chronicles - Sept. 8 - FOX
Fringe - Sept. 9 - Weird occurrences and Joshua Jackson. - FOX
Do Not Disturb - Sept. 10 - Funny times at a hotel and Jerry O'Connell - FOX
House - Sept. 16 - FOX
Big Bang Theory - Sept. 22 - Funny nerds - CBS
Heroes - Sept. 22 - NBC
The Mentalist - Sept. 23 - Psych minus the funny, but plus a babe: Simon Baker - CBS
Grey's Anatomy - Sept. 25 - ABC
The Office - Sept. 25 - NBC
Amazing Race - Sept. 28 - CBS
Chuck - Sept. 29 - Geeks plus espionage - NBC
Pushing Daisies - Oct. 1 - Sensuality without touching (Mormon style haha) - ABC
CSI (Vegas, duh) - Oct. 9 - CBS
Kath & Kim - Oct. 9 - Molly Shannon and Selma Blair as a crazy mother/daughter team - NBC
The Starter Wife - Oct. 10 - Debra Messing as an ex-Hollywood wife. Very good - USA
My Own Worst Enemy - Oct. 13 - Christian Slater as a dude with multiple personalities - NBC
Lost - Sometime in January apparently. - ABC


On a completely different note, I went to see Tropic Thunder last night and this movie is literally beyond words. I cannot even begin to explain the majesty of this film. It is obviously something you have to see for yourself. There are so many surprising cameos doing ridiculous things that you pretty much laugh throughout. There is no end to the laughing. Constant laughs.


Goodies.

Underrated movie of the post: X-Men. Although it is from a comic book and therefore loved mostly by huge nerds, I am not afraid to count myself among said nerds. These movies are well done with a great cast. Even though many of the humongous nerds find it annoying that the movies do not perfectly follow the comics (what movie ever does?), these movies are usually loved by all.

Movies to see: Tropic Thunder and X-Men.

Name 7 Natalie Portman: Where the Heart Is, Star Wars, Garden State, Goya's Ghosts, Other Boleyn Girl, Anywhere But Here, Zoolander

Drew Barrymore was in Charlie's Angels with Lucy Liu who was in Chicago with Queen Latifah who was in Beauty Shop with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps.

Quote Quiz #4 winner: Katie Hesser!

Quote Quiz #5: "I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is."

1 comment:

Molly and Molly said...

derek zoolander, zoolander.
so a little kristina-shaped birdy told me i'd see you this sunday?!!? aaack, bring pizza rolls, i'm so excited!!!!!>!lkhf;aoidyf8uhil