Thursday, September 11, 2008

The instead-of-homework-post #1

In about an hour, it will be Friday and for once I've decided to get a jump-start on my post! I know, it's amazing. So first I will list off the DVDs that came out on Tuesday (I forgot them this week) and then a rundown of Friday's line-up.

Apparently, I didn't miss much on Tuesday because the only two DVDs worth mentioning are Baby Mama and Grey's Anatomy: Season 4. Baby Mama may look ridiculous and stupid on the outside, but it has a great personality so don't judge the DVD by it's trailer. Tina Fey proves once again that she is a genius when it comes to comedy (she wrote for SNL for 9 years and is responsible for Mean Girls, a classic even though we don't want to admit it). And Grey's Anatomy is just worth mentioning because it's Grey's Anatomy and that show is beyond awesome.

Tomorrow (the movies being released are listed with the most important first):

The Women - This movie is a remake of an old classic, but I don't really care because I've never seen the original. Regardless, the all-star cast of Meg Ryan, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Debra Messing, Eva Mendes, Annette Benning, Bette Midler (think I'm done listing? Nope.), Carrie Fisher, Cloris Leachman, Candice Bergen, Ana Gasteyer and Debi Mazar is sure to make this chick flick one for the ages. I'm taking my mom and you all should too.

Burn After Reading - Honestly, the only reason I want to see this movie is because Brad Pitt is acting like a complete idiot throughout and I'm personally tired of the I'm-a-father-and-I-wanna-save-the-world Brad Pitt. So it should be a nice break.

Righteous Kill - Everyone is hyping this movie because Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino are working together and it's supposed to be amazing or something. It doesn't appeal to me personally, but more power to the old guys!

Tyler Perry's The Family That Preys - This sucker is last because I'm kind of getting tired of all of Tyler Perry's dramas. What happened to Madea? The Diary of a Mad Black Woman and Madea's Family Reunion had their dramatic moments, but the rest of the time Madea was freaking hilarious! The main reason I'm not seeing this movie is because the plot-line looks WAY too depressing for me without a hint of comedy, but I don't think I'm the only one in saying "Bring back Madea!"

Goodies!

Underrated movie of the post: Jumanji. What isn't funny about Robin Williams being chased down by rhinos, pelicans, spiders, and crazy hunters played by the same actor that plays his father (symbolic?)? The answer is nothing.

Movies to see: The Women, Burn After Reading, Baby Mama, Grey's Anatomy, Mean Girls, Jumanji, The Diary of a Mad Black Woman, Madea's Family Reunion.

TV to watch: American hero Michael Phelps host SNL this Saturday. Mark your TiVos.

Random thought of the post: Is it just me or is everyone else in the world sick of seeing that Lakeview Terrace trailer with Samuel L Jackson? I literally see it two or more times a day in random places other than my TV. This movie is going to bomb and bomb hard and I'm going to dance around its ashes giggling like a little school girl. That may sound harsh, but I've been pushed over the edge.

Name 7 Ben Affleck: Pearl Harbor, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Clerks, Daredevil, Good Will Hunting, Armageddon.

Carrie Fisher was in When Harry Met Sally with Meg Ryan who was in In the Cut with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

Quote Quiz #5 winner: Molly-pants.

Quote Quiz #6: "What an incredible smell you've discovered!"

1 comment:

Molly and Molly said...

i forfeit this quiz and am burning to know!!