Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hello All

Since I feel so bad having not written for a week (and I have nothing better to do until my class starts in an hour), I thought I would write ANOTHER post! That's two posts in two days! You must be thinking, "What did I do to deserve this kind of luck?" Well, I love you and that's why I've decided to grace you with this second post. Not that it matters, because it doesn't look like anyone has read yesterday's post anyway. Haha.

Today was my last shift at good ole Suncoast. I must admit that I am going to miss some aspects of that job, but, quite frankly, I'm having trouble containing my excitement at it all being over and done with. Of course, I'm still going to visit and buy movies (what could keep me away?), but I will never have to deal with any of the problems I had with the place ever again. Huzzah!

This evening is the season premier of Bones!!!! I am going to be stuck in a classroom until 8 when it starts, but still have to navigate my way home (wish me luck). I'm sure many of you are wondering about TVs fall schedule. Don't you worry about not knowing when all of your (my) favorite shows come on, because I plan on making a list and posting it for the betterment of knowledge. You're welcome.

This weekend (in case I don't get around to blogging about it) Bangkok Dangerous is being released. It's just Nicolas Cage with more slime-ball long hair shooting people or something. Don't bother.

It is too freaking hot out. Why am I talking about the weather? Because I'm worried about my new DVD acquisitions in my car. I tried to protect them as much as I could, but I'm still worried they're going to get warped or something equally horrendous. I'll keep you updated on their status because I'm sure you're just as worried as I am. Here's what I got:

Titanic, Four Brothers, Nightmare Before Christmas, and a special surprise for my mom. I won't name it because it's not going to be added to my collection so it doesn't really matter.

My new movie plan once I get a new job and can afford to buy more? Disney movies. I've decided that I like Little Mermaid and Little Mermaid 2 so much that I'm just going to collect the series (including the recently released Little Mermaid 3: Ariel's Beginning). Then I'm going to get The Fox and the Hound, Robin Hood, Tarzan, and the Aladdin series. I think it's a pretty good plan if I do say so myself.

Goodies.

Underrated movie of the post: Titanic. I honestly just picked up this movie on a whim because it was half off, but I realized as I was wondering whether or not I should admit to buying it that this movie isn't that bad. In fact, it can be great if you're in the mood. And even though I didn't like to admit it back when it was in theaters, Leonardo DiCaprio is pretty dang fine (even though I think he's much hotter now). So I officially take the "r" out of Leonardo Di-Crap-rio and allow him to go by his actual name. You're welcome, Leo.

Movies to see: Titanic, Four Brothers and Bones!!

Name 7 Leonardo DiCaprio: Aviator, Departed, Titanic, Basketball Diaries, What's Eating Gilbert Grape?, This Boy's Life, The Beach.

Patrick Dempsey was in Made of Honor with Michelle Monaghan who was in Mission Impossible 3 with Tom Cruise who was in A Few Good Men with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps.

Since no one has responded to Quote Quiz #3 (either given up or answered) I'm going to throw it in again and then add a Movie Knowledge Quiz #1 in just for kicks and giggles.

Quote Quiz #3: "Now if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you can come up with another clever idea to get us all killed - or worse, expelled."

Movie Knowledge Quiz #1: What is credited as being Cameron Diaz's first major motion picture (i.e. it says "and introducing Cameron Diaz" during the credits)?

Will I write again tomorrow? You never know!!! Haha

2 comments:

Molly and Molly said...

see previous post for Quote Quiz answer & Cameran Diaz's major first picture was...The Mask I'm lighten' it up today!

KT80 said...

i like the titanic too. i was watching it one night by myself and actually found myself tearing up a little because of all the lives lost on that ship (NOT because leo died, because I always end up laughing at the 'I'll never let go!' part) and then I had to change the channel because I didn't want to continue crying alone in the dark.

Are they making a series collection of the Little Mermaids?