Thursday, October 2, 2008

Vice-Presidential Debate...

This is what I'm doing instead of watching the debate like my father is forcing me to. All they do is talk and talk about nothing. Sarah Palin mentions "hockey moms" too much and Biden looks like he has more than one foot in the grave. Why is everyone freaking out about McCain's age when Biden looks just as bad? And he's younger!

Tomorrow is Friday and that means new movies! We've got a lot coming out this week. I'll list in order of importance, as always. All of them look to be winners.

Blindness - This movie looks beyond cool and I'm really excited about seeing it. Shyamalan-esque, everyone in the world goes blind except for Julianne Moore who refuses to leave her affected husband (Mark Ruffalo) when he's quarantined. Eventually everything goes to hell and gets really interesting.

Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist - Major teeny-bopper movie, but it has Michael Cera in it and he's so cute. It looks pretty funny as a whole so why not indulge? I just suggest you go to a matinee or an extremely late show so you won't be overrun with the teenagers. Trust me, I'm a professional at this maneuver.

How to Lose Friends and Alienate People - Simon Pegg from Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and Run Fatboy Run stars in this movie poking fun at Hollywood and the lifestyles of the rich and famous. Kirsten Dunst and Jeff Bridges look to make acceptable performances and Megan Fox is also there acting like a slut. Surprised? Me either.

Beverly Hills Chihuahua - Talking dogs? Yeah...

Flash of Genius - Now I love Greg Kinnear and Lauren Graham a freaking lot, but this movie just looks way too dramatic and depressing. I looked up whether or not they win the fight in the end. If you don't already know, Google. (Cool motto.)

Goodies

Underrated movie of the post: Nim's Island. I finally got around to watching this movie and I have to say it was worth the wait. Sure it's a kid's movie, but Gerard Butler shows up not as one character, but two. One with an American accent and the other with his sexy Scottish one. Abigail Breslin is coming into her own and I hope she goes strong and doesn't disappear like a majority of all child stars do. I think she's got great potential. Jodie Foster is pretty funny as well which is surprising considering all of her other dramatic roles. Very refreshing.

Movies to see: Blindness, Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist, How to Lose Friends and Alienate People, Nim's Island.

Name 7 John Cusack: Better Off Dead, Must Love Dogs, High Fidelity, Grosse Point Blank, 1408, Identity, Anastasia.

Helena Bonham Carter was in Harry Potter 5 with Emma Thompson who was in Love, Actually with Colin Firth who was in Where the Truth Lies with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps.

Quote Quiz #11 winner: Molly! Congrats, yo. I'm proud. I'm also glad that the multiple choice is working out so well.

Quote Quiz #12: "Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies." It's kind of an easy one, but I couldn't pass it up.
a. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
b. James and the Giant Peach
c. BFG
d. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
(Ooo, which one is it? Muah ha ha!)

2 comments:

KT80 said...

ooh, that was stealthy. but i know, it's d, charlie and the chocolate factory. yay me!

Molly and Molly said...

ack - i've been beaten! but i, too, shall guess d. i'm stoked to be a winner & love the multiple choice options.

ps: if biden croaks, it's no biggie. if mccain kicks the bucket his freak of a vp is in charge of our whole country!