Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Day Has Arrived!

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS IS BACK ON DVD!!!

In case you couldn't tell, I'm very excited about this. I already have my copy reserved at good ole Suncoast and will be purchasing it tomorrow! I would have run over and picked it up today, but I have school (ew). I am currently writing this post from the Hayden Library on campus while trying to hide the embarassing fact that I'm blogging. I will most likely be writing many a post from on campus considering I have a two hour break between classes and no friends past 3pm. That is, however, if I'm not buried under a stack of books and papers for the next semester which, judging by my first two classes, seems all too likely. I hate school and you can be sure you're going to hear that little, three-word phrase much more often than the popular I love you.

The other not as cool titles that were released today are: Heroes Season 2, One Tree Hill Season 5, The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning, and What Happens in Vegas. I can sum up these titles with only a few words each: Yay Heroes, Drama Galore, Over-milked, Who Cares?.
Seriously though, what about Ariel's mom? Is she mentioned in this one or is Disney still going the angry-father-rebellious-daughter route? Also, who cares about Ashton Kutcher or Cameron Diaz? Better yet, who cares about a movie they did together? The answer to all of those questions is: no one.

I added more DVDs to my collection, but seeing as I'm in school and they're at home, I can't remember clearly what they are (the first sign that I've purchased too many). I can recall one, however, because I saw it recently and had to run out and buy it. I'll talk about the others once I remember what they are.

Playing By Heart is by far one of the greatest movies I've seen in a while. That is, one of the greatest chick flicks I've seen in a while. Listen up ladies because this one is a winner. The movie stars Angelina Jolie (who is actually adorable in this one), Gillian Anderson, Sean Connery, Jay Mohr, Ryan Phillipe, Dennis Quaid and, the greatest of all, Jon Stewart! It revolves around all of these separate love stories and how they all fit together in the end and each one is really freaking cute, but the winner goes to Angelina and Ryan's love story that I'm still gushing about three days later. Let me know if you're interested and I will gladly come over to watch it with you.

Goodies!

Underrated movie of the post: James and the Giant Peach. This movie is gold in my eyes. I used to watch it constantly when I was little and have just recently acquired it. It's a classic no matter what anyone else says. Who wouldn't think it's a classic? I challenge you to watch this movie and NOT love it. And if you meet this challenge and dislike this movie, it doesn't matter what you say because I'm the movie expert regardless. So there.

Movies to see: Nightmare Before Christmas, Playing By Heart, James and the Giant Peach.

Name 7 movies Tim Burton directed: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Corpse Bride, Sweeney Todd, Nightmare Before Christmas, Batman, Sleepy Hollow, Ed Wood.

Laura Ramsey was in The Covenant with Steven Strait who was in Sky High with Kelly Preston who was in Death Sentence with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps.

Quote Quiz #1 Winner: Katie Hesser, though I have no idea why you started talking about Matt Damon...

Quote Quiz #2: "Look, it's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it and I can't talk about why."

4 comments:

Molly and Molly said...

you're quotes are very crafty...i do not know this one. also, some of my friends have the serious character flaw of not liking harry potter and, well, i just have to love them anyway.

do you want to be part of our hp group from afar?

Molly and Molly said...

i think lavender brown is an excellent point, as no one will claimed her as far as i can see. there is also lily potter, pansy parkinson, madam rosemerta, and poppy pomfrey up in the running for awesome side characters. although you can't get much sweeter than making out with won-won

KT80 said...

matt damon was your name seven. so i'm not completely crazy. and i have no clue about this quote, although it sounds vaguely familiar. playing by heart sounds like a fun movie though, you should bring it to katrina's and break up the christian bale-fest. i would be ok with that ;)

Molly and Molly said...

whoa, whoa, whoa! where ARE you?!