Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Will Arnett

DVDs out Today

Babies - I'm the first to say that I dislike documentaries, but when they are about adorable little babies, who can resist?! I haven't seen it yet, but I plan on it!

Get Him to the Greek - I'm a big Russell Brand fan, but nothing about this movie appealed to me. I do like that it's a spinoff of Forgetting Sarah Marshall, though, because he was beyond hilarious in that film.

Iron Man 2 - If you haven't seen this movie then you are frickin ridiculous because it's awesome and if you don't go out right now to buy/rent it then you are officially un-awesome.

The Killer Inside Me - I heard this was a really good indie film, but I never got around to seeing it. I do love me some Casey Affleck, but I really do NOT like Jessica Alba. Consider me conflicted.

Movies out Friday

Case 39 - I like Renee Zellwager, but this movie looks way too creepy. No thanks.

Let Me In - I'm conflicted with this one. It looks both really cool and really scary. If there's one thing I hate it's jumping and/or screaming in a movie theater, so I'll wait for DVD.

The Social Network - I am really excited for this movie to be out because maybe then I won't have to see the stupid previews for it every five frickin seconds on TV!! No one cares how Facebook was started or the pathetic lives of the apparently douche-y guys who made it. Pass.

Hilarious Meets Ridiculous Goodies

Underrated movie of the post:
Blades of Glory. There are so many funny actors in this movie that it's hard to choose a favorite. This is the first exposure I had to Will Arnett and all I knew what he was married to Amy Poehler (who plays his sister in the film). The two of them together had me laughing through every scene. They work so well that I'm surprised they haven't done more films together. On a side note: Will Arnett's new show Running Wilde is great, mostly because he's hilarious.

Movies to see:
Babies, Iron Man 2, The Killer Inside Me, Let Me In, Blades of Glory.

Trailers of the post: Action

Unstoppable. This movie is so contrived that I can't decide if I'm going to waste my money buying a ticket. But there seems to be good action, awesome explosions, and Chris Pine, so I probably will.



Next Three Days. I'm not a big Russell Crowe fan, but this movie looks pretty intense and I kind of like it.



The Tourist. This is the movie that caused gossip magazine controversy over the summer on whether or not Johnny Depp would be seduced by notorious husband-stealer Angelina Jolie. I had initially written it off because of this, but after seeing the trailer, I have to change my mind. It looks pretty great!



Priest. If it has Paul Bettany in it, I'm going to see it. The awesome sci-fi story/cool special effects are just the greatest pluses ever.



Name 7 Will Arnett:
Monsters vs Aliens, RV, Blades of Glory, G-Force, When in Rome, Jonah Hex, Despicable Me.

Kevin Bacon Game:
Will Arnett was in Monsters vs Aliens with Reese Witherspoon who was in Just Like Heaven with Mark Ruffalo who was in In the Cut with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps.

Quote Quiz #203 winner:
Katie snatches Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind for the win! (I said "snatch" haha)

QQ #204: name this Will Arnett movie:
"Oh yeah. That was the best party I've even been to since I left prison."

a. Let's Go to Prison
b. The Rocker
c. Monsters vs Aliens
d. Horton Hears a Who

1 comment:

KT80 said...

I'll guess b)The Rocker