Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Catherine O'Hara

DVDs out Today

Killers - I was pleasantly surprised by this movie. What looks extremely predictable from the trailers isn't necessarily so in the actual film and Ashton Kutcher, someone who's roles tend to annoy me more than anything else, stole the show for me. Plus, Catherine O'Hara and Tom Selleck? Awesome sauce.

MacGruber - I highly recommend that no one see this movie. If you have, you'll understand. And if you haven't, well you'll probably still understand. It was ridiculous and funny, but one that I wouldn't bother seeing twice so most people wouldn't bother seeing it once.

Classically Hilarious Goodies

Underrated movie of the post:
Penelope. While this movie was great on any number of levels, Catherine O'Hara was one of the best parts. She was absolutely crazy (a character she plays often) and she was magnificent at keeping me laughing even when it was a dramatic scene. I love her.

Movies to see:
Killers and Penelope (coincidentally both great Catherine O'Hara movies)

Trailers of the post: Biopics

Disclaimer. As I've said before, biopics never really interested me in the past. However, I've been seeing more and more of them and find that they are actually pretty great. It's like reading a biography in only two hours while seeing some of your favorite actors take on the persona of iconic figures. Superb.

Nowhere Boy. John Lennon creates The Beatles. Who wouldn't be interested in seeing The Beatles as little kids?



Howl. James Franco plays Allen Ginsberg during his trial for obscenity in his poems. James Franco always plays weird stuff...



127 Hours. James Franco (again) plays Aron Ralston, a mountain climber who's arm was pinned under a boulder. I googled the ending to this movie and, without giving anything away, I'm not sure I'm going to see this.



Made in Dagenham. I really like Sally Hawkins after seeing one of her films a few weeks ago. She's a great actress. This one's about women striking in England because of sexual discrimination. It looks pretty great and that's not just the closet feminist in me.



Name 7 Catherine O'Hara:
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, Penelope, Nightmare Before Christmas, Orange County, Home Alone, Beetlejuice, Away We Go.

Kevin Bacon Game:
Catherine O'Hara was in Where the Wild Things Are with Mark Ruffalo who was in In The Cut with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

QQ #197 winner:
Me with Dedication. It's a really great movie. I highly suggest it.

QQ #198: name this Catherine O'Hara movie:
"So you were miserable in New York City, and now you're going to be miserable out here in the sticks. At least someone's life hasn't been upheaved."

a. Beetlejuice
b. Penelope
c. Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
d. Killers

2 comments:

Molly and Molly said...

um, beetlejuice. sorry i missed last week; sometimes my brain dies.

also, i heard your parents are ditching you on christmas day to see the cardnials? i seriously recommend switching families if this is true. <3

Kristina said...

I'm guessing D? Also, I second Molly's suggestion of jumping ship and coming over to the Wiedel's. We may not buy you a fancy tv for now reason but we will NEVER ditch you for a Cardinals game :)