Friday, September 17, 2010

Julia Stiles

Movies out Today

Alpha and Omega - Although I do enjoy children's movies, I'm not finding anything in this one that seems worth watching. It looks like Homeward Bound mixed with every cliche nerdy-guy-gets-the-hot-girl story. Except about wolves.

Devil - I really want to see this one. I have really loved a majority of M. Night Shyamalan's films and this one looks just as great as the others. It's a little creepy and suspenseful mixed with that tinge of fear. It's gonna be great!

Easy A - Emma Stone is awesome and this movie really plays to her strengths. She's hilarious and smart and sassy with a touch of hidden insecurities and the need to be accepted for who she is. At least, that's what most of her characters are. Maybe not her personally.

The Town - I think I'm starting to like Ben Affleck which is a change for me. He kind of played it sneakily. In the beginning, I thought he was overrated. Then he made a bunch of dumb movies and I figured he just didn't care anymore. Now, with Gone Baby Gone under his belt and now this, I think he's finally found the niche I wanted him to be in. Directing seems to be his strong suit with acting taking the backseat.

Angsty, Independent Goodies

Underrated movie of the post:
A Guy Thing. I know that Julia Stiles is the epitome of 90s teen flicks and for good reason. 10 Things I Hate About You is iconic. But I think that, even though she hasn't really made the transition into more adult films, she's finding a way. This movie is halfway there. It's a comedy and juvenile, but it also deals with adult issues not "my sister wants to go to the prom so I have to go with Heath Ledger" type issues. And her character is still independent and saucy enough that she does really well in it.

Movies to see:
Devil, Easy A, The Town, and A Guy Thing.

Trailers of the post: Hilarious Comedies

Jackass 3D. The previous two are the perfect mix of funny and gross and I have the same hopes for the third. But I will NOT be seeing it in 3D. In no way do I need that.



Tamara Drewe. I find this movie a little confusing. On one hand I like the idea that this girl got a nose job and is embracing her new found attractiveness. On the other hand, old dudes scamming on younger women just grosses me out.



It's a Wonderful Afterlife. It's Suresh from Heroes! Oh, and a crazy mom kills some people then their ghosts haunt her until she finds her frumpy daughter a husband. It's so weird it's awesome.



Name 7 Julia Stiles:
10 Things I Hate About You, The Bourne Identity, The Prince and Me, Save the Last Dance, Down to You, Hamlet, Mona Lisa Smile.

Kevin Bacon Game:
Julia Stiles was in Mona Lisa Smile with Julia Roberts who was in Flatliners with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

QQ #200 winner:
Katie wins it with Date Night!

QQ #201: name this Julia Stiles movie:
"It's like you're this beautiful, expensive Italian suit. And I just don't have the faintest idea where I'm gonna wear you."

a. Prince & Me
b. A Guy Thing
c. Down to You
d. Carolina

1 comment:

Molly and Molly said...

let me say, 3D sucks balls. i'm glad your taking that stance.

at first, i thought of claire danes when i read "julia stiles" and i was excited. but then i remembered who julia stiles was and i wasn't as excited. have you ever done a Claire Danes post?


ps. i guess caroline - haaha!