Friday, September 24, 2010

Elijah Wood

Movies out Today

Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole - The only thing remotely interesting about the trailer for this film was 30 Seconds to Mars' Kings and Queens in the background.

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps - I cannot express how happy I am that this movie is finally out. Because maybe now I won't have to see a commercial for it every five freaking seconds! Who the hell wants to see this? So dumb.

You Again - I'm slightly torn for this one. On one hand it looks really great and there're a lot of great actors in it. On the other hand, the story looks completely contrived and predictable. I'll probably love it.

Little, Hairy-footed Goodies

Underrated movie of the post:
Sin City. I loved this movie and I think it is my favorite role for Elijah Wood. Every other movie I saw him in, he was either an awkward teenager or an awkward mythical little person. And then Sin City came out and he was suddenly a mute cannibal with awesome acrobatic/fighting skills. Way cool!

Movies to see:
You Again and Sin City.

Trailers of the post: Kids Movies

The Nutcracker. Having never seen it on stage or read it in a book, I have to say that this looks pretty good. I mean, it may be completely stupid to someone who knows the story, but I find it really interesting. And that little robot Elle Fanning is in it!



Yogi Bear. I'm pretty appalled that they are making this into a live action. First this, then the Smurfs, what's next? Doug? Aah Real Monsters? Ridiculous. (I would like to mention that I love Tom Cavanagh. That is all.)



Rango. I can't for the life of me see the allure this movie has and why they decided to begin advertising for it nine months before it's release date. It looks pretty boring to me.



Name 7 Elijah Wood:
Lord of the Rings, The Other Son, Everything is Illuminated, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Sin City, Deep Impact, Happy Feet.

Kevin Bacon Game:
Elijah Wood was in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind with Mark Ruffalo who was in In the Cut with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

QQ #202 winner:
Katie guess right with 28 Days!

QQ #203: name this Elijah Wood movie:
"Well, she was beautiful and... I stole a pair of her panties as well."

a. The Romantics
b. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
c. Everything is Illuminated
d. Deep Impact

3 comments:

KT80 said...

Well, I have no idea, and since you didn't even give me the courtesy of making Lord of the Rings as one of the choices so I'd have less to choose from, I guess I'll go with B. Even though I don't really remember which one that one is.

Molly and Molly said...

crap. it's B! i KNOW it's B. doesn't that count for something?! I can even picture the scene in my mind! aaaaaahhhhhhhh

Kristina said...

I was going to go with B too! Dang it...can I win anyway for feeding you awesome cuban pork tonight?