Friday, September 10, 2010

Parker Posey

Movies out Today

Heartbreaker - I'm really liking this story. And the fact that it's in French and full of beautiful people doesn't hurt. Like most women, I'm a sucker for a story where a bad boy falls in love with and is changed by a woman. I know it's hard for people to change in real life, but that's why fiction is so much better.

Hideaway - I guess I'm really into French Indie flicks lately. This one also looks wonderful.

Resident Evil: Afterlife - It was just as kickass as the first three. I don't know if that says much, but I really love these movies. The action is crazy and the zombies have that awesome supernatural edge to them which makes them so much cooler. I mean, zombie dobermans that split halfway down their bodies with a confusing mess of teeth and a tremor-like mouth in the middle? I'm sold. (Gold star for the one who can find the Kevin Bacon movie reference.)

The Romantics - This movie is apparently only being released in a limited capacity which is a shame because I kind of wanted to see it. I'm not quite sure why, but I'm pretty sure it's solely because of Josh Duhamel.

Quirky Goodies

Underrated movie of the post:
Blade Trinity. Parker Posey quite literally made this movie awesome. I mean, Ryan Reynolds' amazing body can only go so far, but her character and delivery of her dialogue was priceless. She was despicably superb.

Movies to see:
Heartbreaker, Hideaway, Resident Evil 4, Blade Trinity

Trailers of the post: Cool Dramas

The Town. I've got to give Ben Affleck some props. The guy can obviously direct some awesome movies and this one looks just as great as Gone, Baby, Gone. The only thing that's off-putting is that the ending doesn't look very happy and even from the trailer I'm invested in the characters. Oh well.



The Company Men. With this economic slump and all the people being laid off, I'm surprised it took this long for someone to capitalize on other people's misery. However, it looks like there could be potential in the happy ending and hopeful aspect so I approve.



The Debt. This one looks rather intense. I love Helen Mirren and Sam Worthington so I'm sold on that level. And the story looks really great. But I'm tentative about flashing back and forth from past to present. Usually it is either confusing or annoying not knowing something that affects the present.



Name 7 Parker Posey:
Superman Returns, Blade Trinity, You've Got Mail, Josie and the Pussycats, Laws of Attraction, Dazed and Confused, Happy Tears.

Kevin Bacon Game:
Parker Posey was in Happy Tears with Demi Moore who was in A Few Good Men with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

QQ #198 winner:
Molly with Beetlejuice! That movie absolutely terrified me as a small child. Understandably, I think.

QQ #199: name this Parker Posey movie:
"You can kiss my cellulite-free ass for all I've done for you!"

a. Happy Tears
b. Blade Trinity
c. Superman Returns
d. Josie and the Pussycats

2 comments:

KT80 said...

I'm thinking D)Josie and the Pussycats

Molly and Molly said...

None of the other choices seem right, so i just double up on D.