Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Special Turkey Day Hugh Jackman

Sexiest Man of the Year? Ka-dur! I have to admit that I was a little skeptical about People's choice for the SMotY, but after seeing Australia last night, I have no doubt. I lost count of the number of times that me and my three female friends swooned in that movie, but I can tell you that it was pretty much EVERY time he was on screen. Can you blame me?




Speaking of, here are the movies that are out on this wonderful Thanksgiving weekend:

Transporter 3 - Jason Statham is the new Sylvester Stallone/Jean Claude Van Dam/Jackie Chan. How is he all of these in one? See the movie and you'll find out. Don't expect a great plot line, though. The Transporters are simply action movies where they fill the 2 hours with as much action as possible (everything from car chases to explosions) and they have no room for a plot line.

Australia - This movie was beyond amazing! 2 hours and 40 minutes of pure awesome-ness! There are cute children, sexy/fine Hugh Jackman, hilarious Nicole Kidman, delightfully evil David Wenham, and a Mocha Missionary!! An island full of mocha children! Could anyone ask for more? But there was more! The plot lines (there are multiple) were all fantastic and kept you riveted throughout! Go see it.

Four Christmases - I haven't seen this goodie, but I intend to soon. It looks hilarious and the Reese Witherspoon/Vince Vaughn pair is new and interesting. Besides that, it's just going to be a funny movie.

Also, Bolt came out last week with Twilight, but no one really cares unless you have a small child. I do like that little hamster, though. Perhaps, I will partake.

Goodies!

Underrated movie of the post: Kate & Leopold. This movie is beyond cute, as are all Meg Ryan chick flicks. The difference between all of her others and this? For one, Hugh Jackman and his adorable-ness. And Breckin Meyer, Liev Schrieber, and Time Travel. What more could you want?

Movies to see: Australia, Four Christmases, Transporter 3, and Kate & Leopold.

Trailer of the post: You don't have to be a Trekkie to be excited for this movie.





Name 7 Hugh Jackman: Kate and Leopold, X-Men, Prestige, Van Helsing, Australia, Deception, Fountain.

Hugh Jackman was in Australia with Nicole Kidman who was in Eyes Wide Shut with Tom Cruise who was in A Few Good Men with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps.

Quote Quiz #24 winner: Molly again with Two Weeks Notice. On a personal note, when I was trying to find the perfect quote for Hugh Grant last post, I found myself laughing at my computer as I read over them all. That dude is hilarious.

Quote Quiz #25: Name this Hugh Jackman quote:
"Don't get your panties in a bunch."

a. Someone Like You
b. Australia
c. Van Helsing
d. X-Men 3

2 comments:

KT80 said...

He is SO fine. And btw, Bolt was pretty good. It was amusing, and there was ample cat-bashing, so you'd love it ;)

a)someone like you: that is such a good movie. hilarious!

Anonymous said...

X-Men 3. Wolverine says it to Storm.