Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ben Stiller

Movies out on DVD Tuesday:

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 - While I enjoyed the first movie back when I was a mere 17 years old, I realized while watching the second one how overly dramatic both films are. The second one is actually more dramatic which, I feel, is unnecessary. It had it's moments, though, and is worth watching at least once and, possibly, own far in the future when it's only $5.

Wall-E - This movie was cute! I really enjoyed Wall-E and Eve, but what I loved the most was all of the Earthlings who had gotten Extremely fat up in space. Everything was done for them and all they did was sit in hover-chairs! This movie is my dream come true.

Tropic Thunder - While I recently went out on a limb and announced that Role Models was the funniest film of the year, this movie comes in at a close second followed right behind by Pineapple Express. This movie is worth owning, immediately.

Twilight is due out this Friday, which is a mere 48 hours away, and while I am among the many who is excited for the movie (against my better judgement, I assure you), I am very close friends with someone who is NOT excited about the movie. Yes, I know a few females who disliked either the books, the movie or both! I know this is astounding, but I'm not lying. I will not reveal their names for fear that a mob of mad Mormon mothers will hunt them down (Katrina Winn, Erin Knudsen, and Diana McNeely), but I will enlighten the rest of my readers to a point that was brought to my attention.

You all know my stance on the stupid faces that Edward makes in all of the previews and pictures advertising Twilight, but I was given a YouTube video to search for in relation to said faces only to find that the similarity is striking. But I'll let you be the judge. Here's a picture of a stupid Edward face:



And here is the video in question:




Scary isn't it? They're practically the same person/animal!

Goodies!

Underrated movie of the post: Zoolander. I have heard many a silly friend tell me that they did not care for this movie. How this could possibly be, I do not know, but I have lost some respect for said friends. I know that not everyone can have the same tastes in movies as I do, but that doesn't mean I don't think they're wrong to the fullest extent of the word. This movie is hilarious on so many levels that I'm thinking only a select few are able to understand all of them. Perhaps those unable need to open their eyes a little wider next time.

Movies to see: Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, Wall-E, Tropic Thunder, Zoolander, and Twilight on Friday!

Random thought of the post: Spike TV is going to be showing a Steven Segal marathon for Thanksgiving. Not only is this not related to the Pilgrims at all, it is wholly unnecessary and should be against the law. It's criminal negligence to allow that much of Steven Segal on TV in one day. Disgusting.

Name 7 Ben Stiller: Along Came Polly, Anchorman, Meet the Parents, Tropic Thunder, Starsky and Hutch, Madagascar, Mystery Men.

Ben Stiller was in Along Came Polly with Jennifer Aniston who was in Picture Perfect with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

Quote Quiz #22 winner: Katie! I haven't seen Bed of Roses yet, but from this quote and Christian Slater, I intend to and soon.


Quote Quiz #23: Name this Ben Stiller movie:
"Como estan, beetches?"


a. Zoolander
b. Starsky and Hutch
c. Anchorman
d. Mystery Men

3 comments:

KT80 said...

I'm going with a. Because it sounds like something a crazy model would say. ;)

Molly and Molly said...

C. Anchorman! Hahahaha, I forgot he was in the enemy anchor gang! That movie is also hysterical.

In regards to Zoolander: It is a movie that needs multiple viewings to fully appreciate. The first time I saw it I said "DUMB!" but after re-watching (many times) I got the genius of it. Give it one more chance Zoolander haters!

Finally, even I must admit that Edward does have the Dramatic Hamster look -- but it doesn't make me love him less!!

Molly and Molly said...

i found myself coming to your site to watch the Giraffes video again & i'm curious: what's your favorite line?

i personally love, "we weigh 3 tons & come from OUTER SPACE" & "vampire blood runs through our veins!"