Monday, November 10, 2008

Jesus and some random stuff

For those of you who don't know me, when I say Jesus I mean Jim Caviezel who played Jesus in the movie Passion of the Christ. And while I have yet to see this movie, he will always be Jesus (plus it's always worth the reaction on people's faces when I shout "Hey look! Jesus!" while watching movies/TV).

Yesterday was a lovely new record. Katrina, Katie Hesser and I watched a total of five movies...in a row. That's over 10 hours of sitting on my butt, mocking whichever actor is on the screen, and swooning over Paul Rudd. I did however educate them on the finer points of the movies: The Boondock Saints, Saved!, Willow, Clueless and The Perfect Score.

Another flawless transition, Bryan Greenberg, one of the stars of The Perfect Score, came out with a CD in 2007. While I normally frown upon actors trying their hand at singing, I'm infatuated enough with Mr. Greenberg that I have overlooked this fact and purchased his CD. Luckily enough it is Alternative which happens to be my music choice currently. Needless to say, I'm listening to it right now and love it.

Keeping in line with The Perfect Score, Chris Evans, resident heartthrob of such movies as London and the Fantastic Four fame, is starring in a new movie by the name of Push. What is this gem about, you ask? Why it is pretty much the show Heroes only with a hotter actor and a cooler bad guy. Enjoy.



Back to a few paragraphs ago, according to IMDB, there is a sequel to The Boondock Saints in the works, scheduled to come out sometime next year. While I'm sure this movie is going to be amazing (especially with the twins coming back, Sean Patrick Flanery and Norman Reedus), I'm sincerely worried about all these prolonged sequels to things (i.e. Die Hard 4, Indiana Jones 4 and possibly 5) coming out years after the last one. While this can sometimes be a good thing seeing as they took all those years to come up with adequate script, I'm starting to fear that Hollywood is running out of ideas for new movies. Scary thought. What would I do without movies to comment on? Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you my worst nightmare. Haha.

Last and most certainly not least, last night around midnight I received a text informing me that my dear friend Kay Gray and her fiancee Nate had not checked in from their hiking trip. I spent most of the night tossing and turning as I waited for more information. I'm very pleased to say that as of 11am this morning they have been found and are in otherwise perfect condition. I will be giving Kay a good thrashing for having everyone worried about her, but I would just like to thank my good friend Jim Caviezel for rescuing them with his troop off...Giraffes!



Holy Goodies, Batman...I mean, Jesus!

Underrated movie of the post: G.I. Jane. This movie came out all of eleven years ago and I only recently watched it for the first time. I must admit that it is a very powerful movie and Mrs. Kutcher gives an amazing performance. The best part? Jesus was there training to be a Navy Seal along with her and Viggo Mortenson!

Movies to see: G.I. Jane and Hellboy 2 came out on DVD today. Rent away!

Random observance: Have you noticed that Twilight actors are showing up all over prime time television? Here's a list:
Sarah Clarke (Renee) - The Cleaner on August 26
Billy Burke (Charlie) - Fringe on November 11
Taylor Lautner (Jacob) - My Own Worst Enemy as a reoccurring role
Kellan Lutz (Emmett) - 90210 as a reoccurring role
Jackson Rathbone (Jasper) - The Cleaner on September 30
Jose Zuniga (Mr. Molina) - CSI: Miami on September 22
Rachelle Lefevre (Victoria) - CSI: Las Vegas on November 6
Edi Gathegi (Laurant) - Life on Mars on November 6
Elizabeth Reaser (Esme) - The Ex List as the star
Naturally each show has a preview for Twilight during the commercials. Odd way to promote a movie, but maybe these people are just testing the television waters to see if they have a fallback career if the movies doesn't do well. Who knows?

Name 7 Jesus: Passion of the Christ, The Count of Monte Cristo, Deja Vu, G.I. Jane, Angel Eyes, High Crimes, Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius.

Jesus was in G.I. Jane with Demi Moore who was in A Few Good Men with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

Quote Quiz #20 winner: Molly again with Forgetting Sarah Marshall! She's on a roll here, ladies, you'd better watch out!

Since 20 is a multiple of 10, I figure I'd start informing you guys of who is winning in the Quote Quiz race: Molly is winning with a total of 7 with Katie Hesser close behind at 6. Katrina started late and hasn't put reading my blog into her daily routine so we'll give her a break. She has been right most of the time, though, so you other girls better hope she doesn't get her act together. Haha.

Quote Quiz #21: What Jesus movie is this from?
"It's for the greater good, Alan. Your life will mean something. I promise."

a. Deja Vu
b. The Passion of the Christ
c. Angel Eyes
d. The Final Cut

2 comments:

Molly and Molly said...

hahahaha, i love that giraffe thing -- it's all just so good (we weigh 3 tons & come from outerspace!)

and what did you mean in my commment section about your role model quote? i'm confused.

also, i have no clue about the JC quote. i guess i'm giving up my lead!

KT80 said...

um...d?