Sunday, November 2, 2008

Matthew McConaughey

I'm back from the North with a new outlook on life. That outlook's name is Dazed and Confused. This movie is beyond awesome. I always knew it would be but was never presented with the opportunity to see it until Saturday and it was as glorious as I thought it would be if not more. On top of the hilarious plotline and script, the actors themselves were great. All I can say is, this one is going to join my collection and soon.

Other movies viewed this weekend:

RocknRolla - Just as I thought, this movie was amazing and priceless. I'm also willing to go see it again because, as with unintelligible British accents, I'm sure I missed a few gems. Besides, I would pay seven more dollars to see Gerard Butler and Thandie Newton's dance scene again. Easily the best part of the film.

Zack and Miri - The movie was funny as I thought it would be until about halfway through when it does a backflip and becomes a romantic comedy. It wasn't too bad once you recovered from the shock, but Michael (Molly's boy-toy) wasn't too pleased in being tricked. Which I suppose did make it better. Haha.

Chaos - Another Jason Statham movie that wasn't released in theaters here in the US. However, the plot is much more intricate than his usual "beat the crap out of people" movie. Also stars Ryan Phillippe and Wesley Snipes. All three give their standard performance: Jason's the badass with no boundaries, Ryan's the mumbling sidekick, and Wesley is the comical killer.

Goodies! (Disclaimer: I've already exhausted my Matthew McConaughey goodies so bear with me as I try to connect him to other people)

Underrated movie of the post: How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. Despite the corniness of this movie, it is actually quite funny. The premise is a little dopey, but it's all pulled together in the end. Hudson and McConaughey were so good together that they reunited in Fool's Gold. Although I'm not so sure that is a good example, but you get what I'm saying.

Movies to see: Zack and Miri, Dazed and Confused, and RocknRolla.

Name 7 actors in Dazed and Confused and corresponding movies:
Jeremy London - Out Cold
Rory Cochrane - Empire Records
Ben Affleck - Daredevil
Milla Jovovich - Fifth Element
Joey Lauren Adams - Big Daddy
Parker Posey - Blade Trinity
Adam Goldberg - How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

Anthony Rapp was in Road Trip with Amy Smart who was in Crank with Jason Statham who was in Italian Job with Charlize Theron who was in Trapped with Kevin Bacon: 4 steps.

Quote Quiz #16 winner: No one. Even though Katrina technically guessed right verbally the other day, it wasn't written down so it doesn't count. It was Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. See it.

Quote Quiz #17 winner: Katie! It was League of Extraordinary Gentleman. I was trying to throw you off with the Bond reference earlier, but no one was tricked. Well done.

Quote Quiz #18: Name this Matthew McConaughey movie.
"I hope you don't throw like a girl!"

a. Failure to Launch
b. Fool's Gold
c. Dazed and Confused
d. Sahara

3 comments:

KT80 said...

um...a?

Molly and Molly said...

sahara? does it count if i add the question mark? if not, here's a more firm answer: sahara

also, i verbally guess kiss kiss bang bang, so i'm a winner-without-winning too

i'm glad you enjoyed your time up in the frozen tundra!! you should come back soon & also see my blog for picks. and annamae's shutterfly for some other pics i dare not post. (www.annamaeslife.shutterfly.com)

Anonymous said...

Sahara