Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Jonah Hill

Due to Katie Hesser complaining that all I do is comment on movies instead of explaining what they are about, I have decided to take her challenge and explain the movies I talk about in one sentence or less. So now all my pithy comments will be put into parentheses after my one-sentence description. You're welcome, whiner.
DVDs out today

Sex and the City 2 - The girls go to Abu Dhabi, experience culture shock, realize how much they take their lives for granted, and Samantha has a ton of sex. (I'm surprised it has taken this long for this movie to come out on DVD. I feel like it already has and now it's being re-released... Either that or it's just stupid. Anyway, this movie is just as great as the show and the first movie: not very, but it's worth watching if you have a uterus.)

Winter's Bone - A girl living in the Ozarks has to find her dad or her and her siblings will be homeless, but all the other crazy rednecks get in her way. (This movie was ridiculously weird and highly disturbing. It wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be, but it is definitely not a heart-warming movie.)

Nerdy or Gross Goodies

Underrated movie of the post:
Accepted. Justin Long starts his own college after not being accepted into any legitimate ones then somehow finds a way to make it legitimate. (One of Jonah Hill's first movies before he hit the big time. He started out playing the witty/stupid sidekick and now he's playing the witty/stupid CARTOON sidekick. Winner. Actually, I like Jonah Hill even though he can sometimes be really annoying.)

Movies to see:
Sex and the City 2, Accepted

Trailers of the post: Chick Flick

Rising Stars. Some kids are thrown together to produce a hit song AND music video and pathetic drama ensues. (This looks like a lamer version of the remake of Fame, which was pretty lame to begin with.)



From Prada to Nada. A twist on "Sense and Sensibility", rich girls have to live as poor girls and Fez hooks up with a Spy Kid. (I know it looks really really stupid, but I am absolutely going to see it. Looks great!)



Name 7 Jonah Hill:
Superbad, Knocked Up, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Night at the Museum 2, Funny People, The Invention of Lying, How to Train Your Dragon.

Kevin Bacon Game:
Jonah Hill was in Funny People with Eric Bana who was in Troy with Brad Pitt who was in Sleepers with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps.

QQ #210 winner:
Kristina with Evan Almighty!

QQ Standings:
Molly - 51
Kristina - 49
Katie - 46
Me - 30

QQ #211: name this Jonah Hill movie:
"I love you! I mean, I think we should hang out socially... I have a new ping pong table."

a. The Invention of Lying
b. Evan Almighty
c. Forgetting Sarah Marshall
d. Funny People

1 comment:

KT80 said...

I dunno. The Invention of Lying?

Thank you for explaining the movies! I am not a whiner, jerk-face. But now I will be watching: if you have a run-on sentence during your discriptions, I will be making a complaint English Grad! ; )

I'm gonna start cheating like Katrina used to on these quizzes so my numbers'll get better....