Thursday, April 1, 2010

Queen Latifah

Movies out...

on Wednesday the 31st
The Last Song - I have a huge vendetta against Nicolas Sparks, but apparently that doesn't keep me from seeing his movies. I'll even see this one despite my distaste for Miley Cyrus. I don't know why, it just looks good. Whoever makes the trailers for these movies deserves a raise.

Today the 1st
Clash of the (Freaking) Titans - I really liked this movie. I didn't get a chance to see the original beforehand, but I want to. The story and acting weren't superb, but the special effects were outstanding. Also, Sam Worthington is a stone cold fox. That is all.

Friday the 2nd
Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married Too? - I don't know why and I don't care.

Royal Goodies

Underrated movie of the post:
The Secret Life of Bees. I can't say enough good things about this movie. It's a beautiful film and all of the actors do a marvelous job. I know that I always tell people to go see movies, most of them ridiculous, but you NEED to see this one. It's imperative to your health.

Movies to see:
Clash of the Titans and The Secret Life of Bees.

Trailers of the post: Chick Flick

Just Wright. I like this movie, I like it a lot. Common is a babe and who doesn't love some intense drama mixed in with just the right amount of romance and humor?



My Girlfriend's Boyfriend. I'm hesitant about this. Alyssa Milano takes a huge break from movies/TV and she chooses this movie? While the plot isn't contrived, per say, it seems really predictable. What does intrigue me is that the obviously hunky guy doesn't seem like a total douche bag.



Name 7 Queen Latifah:
Sphere, Living Out Loud, The Secret Life of Bees, What Happens in Vegas, Ice Age 2, Taxi, Mad Money.

Kevin Bacon Game (without using Beauty Shop):
Queen Latifah was in The Secret Life of Bees with Dakota Fanning who was in Trapped with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

Quote Quiz #155 winner:
Kristina with Drillbit Taylor!

QQ #156: name this Queen Latifah movie:
"If I have a broom, it's only cuz I'm here to sweep up the white trash!"

a. Bringing Down the House
b. Beauty Shop
c. Last Holiday
d. Mad Money

2 comments:

Molly and Molly said...

hmmm, a or b? i haven't seen either, so I'll pick A. bringing down the house.

also, i wikipedia-ed the last song to see who dies (interesting) since i will not be seeing a miley cyrus movie <3

Kristina said...

Since Molls-Balls got A, I shall pick B