Monday, April 26, 2010

Julia Roberts, Take Two

DVDs out Tuesday

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus - This movie was more confusing than I originally anticipated. On top of that, it wasn't what it was advertised to be. Heath Ledger's character was made out to be a hero and ended up being a dirtbag. Christopher Plummer was pretty great, though.

It's Complicated - I heard that this movie was pretty great for a chick-flick. I intend on Netflix-ing it.

Classic Goodies

Underrated movie of the post:
America's Sweethearts. This movie goes beyond a standard chick flick. Normally it is just comedy with a touch of drama, but this has so much comedy and great acting that you can't help laughing your ass off for days on end. Everything about it is fantastic. Everything!

Movies to see:
It's Complicated and America's Sweethearts.

Trailers of the post: Dramas.

Eat, Pray, Love. I was never really interested in the book and, from the trailer, the main character seems a little annoying, but I like Julia Roberts and James Franco and Javier Bardem is hunky (when he doesn't have that creepy haircut). Still, I probably won't rush out to see it.



TiMER. This looks very interesting. I like the concept and I really want to see where it ends. And the rest of it looks good too.



Name 7 Julia Roberts:
The Mexican, The Pelican Brief, Flatliners, Charlotte's Web, Dying Young, Duplicity, Mona Lisa Smile.

Kevin Bacon Game:
Julia Roberts was in Flatliners with Kevin Bacon: 1 step.

Quote Quiz #161 winner:
Kristina with Smokin Aces!

QQ #162: name this Julia Roberts movie:
"Yes, happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat."

a. America's Sweethearts
b. Notting Hill
c. Closer
d. Runaway Bride

2 comments:

Kristina said...

I just watched this aa few weeks ago :) Notting Hill (love Hugh Grant!)

KT80 said...

Curses! I love that movie too. And just for fun, I'll guess...D.