Thursday, April 22, 2010

Jason Bateman

Movies out Friday

The Back-Up Plan - I have something to confess: I like J.Lo. movies. At least the ones that I have seen. I refuse to see the really horrible ones (Gigli), but I like all the rest (The Wedding Planner, Angel Eyes, Enough). So I am going to see this one too and it has nothing to do with the hunky dude that co-stars (well maybe not nothing...).

The Losers - The first of this year's action theme movies. Apparently all the action guys got together and decided to make a bunch of movies with the same premise (see Expendables, A-Team). However I will be seeing them all because they are all pretty awesome in their own unique way. This one, for instance, has really hot guys and comedy along with explosions and general mayhem. Winner.

Paper Man - See Trailers of the Post.

Awkwardly Hilarious Goodies

Underrated movie of the post:
Dodgeball. I love this movie and it is very well known, but what most people either forget about or take for granted is Jason Bateman's part as the color commentator Pepper Brooks. He was full of one-liners during the game scenes and kept me laughing throughout. He's hilarious!

Movies to see:
The Back-Up Plan, The Losers, Paper Man, and Dodgeball.

Trailers of the Post: More Comedy!

The Switch. I cannot wait to see this. I recently realized that I have actually started seeing Jennifer Aniston as a legitimate actress (and not just Rachel from Friends) and Jason Bateman is hilarious. But moreover, this plot is kind of similar to other comedies, but I think it has a little twist that should make it very interesting. And funny. Come on, it looks great!



Paper Man. I hope this movie comes to Arizona because it looks awesome. Jeff Daniels is one of my all-time favorites, Emma Stone is quickly becoming cool, and Lisa Kudrow is great! Plus, need I say it? Ryan Reynolds running around in spandex for 2 hours! Heck yes!



Name 7 Jason Bateman:
Juno, Dodgeball, The Ex, Smokin' Aces, Hancock, Tropic Thunder, Extract.

Kevin Bacon Game:
Jason Bateman was in Hancock with Charlize Theron who was in Trapped with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

Quote Quiz #160 winner:
Diana with The Departed! Two in a row, way to go!

QQ Standings:
1. Molly 40.5
2. Kristina 38
3. Katie 33
4. Me 14
5. Katrina 12
6. Diana 11
7. Janette 4
8. Beth 2
9. Michael 1

QQ #161: name this Jason Bateman movie:
"I don't say this to be self-deprecating, I just, you know, don't have much of an opinion of myself."

a. Smokin' Aces
b. Dodgeball
c. Extract
d. The Ex

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Yeah! First AND I know it...A. Smokin Aces. Which also starred a very hot Ryan Reynolds and Ben Affleck

KT80 said...

I loved that trailer for The Switch. "Oh my gosh, I have that." lol