Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Marky Mark Wahlberg, Double the Fun

DVDs out Today (and Thursday)


Crazy Heart - At first I wasn't very interested in seeing this, but I've heard so many amazing reviews that I feel I'm obligated to. Besides, I do kind of like Jeff Bridges and Maggie Gyllenhaal, so what's the harm?

The Lovely Bones - I read the book before seeing the film (as per usual) and I was pleasantly surprised. This is one of the few books-turned-movies that stuck very close to the plot and it did a remarkable job. It is definitely something you should read/watch, but tread carefully and read the summary first. It has an intense subject and I don't want you to be surprised.

The Young Victoria - A beautiful film. I absolutely loved it and the acting was wonderful throughout. I also enjoyed learning a bit about Queen Victoria, so that's a plus. Emily Blunt is amazing and I can't get enough of her and Rupert Friend was perfect. Go see it.

Avatar - For some odd reason they are releasing this movie on a Thursday. I can't fathom why. As I said before, the story is a bit contrived, but the acting is great and the special effects are crazy awesome. Duh.


Super Fine Goodies

(You're Welcome)

Underrated movie of the post:

Four Brothers. This is a pretty awesome shoot-em-up revenge flick with a strange mix of actors (Marky Mark, Garrett Hedlund, Andre 3000, and Tyrese Gibson). Although some of the hunky dudes have nasty long and slicked back hair, the other hunky dudes make up for it by being altogether hunky. So I suppose what I'm trying to say is this movie has awesome fight scenes, a few twists, a few tear-jerkers, and hunky, hunky dudes.

Movies to see:
Crazy Heart, The Lovely Bones, The Young Victoria, Avatar, and Four Brothers.


Trailers of the post: Laugh your face off Comedy

The Other Guys. I dare you to say this doesn't look hilarious. I freaking dare you.



Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. There is so much wrong with this trailer that you can't help but laugh. I can't wait! Plus, Chris Evans is in there somewhere. Can you find him??



Name 7 Marky-Mark:
The Departed, Shooter, Planet of the Apes, Invincible, Max Payne, We Own the Night, The Lovely Bones.


Kevin Bacon Game (w/o Jack Nicholson):
Marky-Mark was in The Italian Job with Charlize Theron who was in Trapped with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.


Quote Quiz #159 winner:
Diana makes a surprise appearance with Ultraviolet!

QQ #160: name this Marky-Mark movie:
"I'm the guy who does his job. You must be the other guy."


a. Shooter
b. We Own the Night
c. Max Payne
d. The Departed

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the Departed. I'm all over this. You know I love Markie Mark.
-Diana

Kristina said...

Dang it! Diana took my guess! Since I have no shot, I'll pick C

Molly and Molly said...

uh, B, but i have a feeling diana just owned us

anyway, i won't say that "the other guys" looks bad, i wont! and the evil ex boyfriends movie looks good, but i think it's mostly because i like the "shaun of the dead" people.