Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Owen Wilson, The Sequel

DVDs out today

Alice in Wonderland - Don't get excited, it's just the original cartoon-y one. This movie used to scare me as a child and I sincerely doubt I will buy it. I know it seems mean-spirited that I will be denying my future children a plethora of Disney movies simply because I don't like them, but if they want to see them so badly then they can grow up and get a job and buy it for themselves!

Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 - I never got to see this one seeing as all my little kid friends aren't so little anymore (Dakota) and all my grown-up friends have actual taste in movies. Alas. Onward to Netflix!

Sherlock Holmes - Um, why wasn't this advertised more?! I had no idea it was coming out today! Off to the store I go, hi-ho-hi-ho-hi-ho.

Crookedly Humorous Goodies

Underrated movie of the post:
Darjeeling Limited. I know the title is weird, but it really sets the tone for the entire movie. Which is: weird. It's crazy, but it's a Wes Anderson, so you have to kind of expect it (The Royal Tenenbaums, Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou). Also, Jason Schwartzman and Owen Wilson are in almost all of his movies and they're both weird actors. So, in summation, weird. Good, but weird.

Movies to see:
Sherlock Holmes and Darjeeling Limited.

Trailers of the post: Kiddie movies.

Marmaduke. You had me until the choreographed dance scene with dogs at the end. Ridiculous.



The Legend of the Guardians. A film about owls. Well, they've made movies about pretty much ever other animals. I'm surprised it took this long for "warrior owls" to make an appearance.



Name 7 Owen Wilson:
Armageddon, Behind Enemy Lines, Marley & Me, Meet the Parents, Shanghai Noon, The Royal Tenenbaums, Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Kevin Bacon Game (not using Jennifer Aniston):
Owen Wilson was in You, Me and Dupree with Matt Dillon who was in Wild Things with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

Quote Quiz #155 winner:
Molly with Never Been Kissed. I know I shouldn't have used her, but I figured when I didn't have an actor to match a trailer I would just go alphabetically. Don't worry, I won't have to use her for a very long time.

QQ #156: name this Owen Wilson movie:
"Now, in addition to the Chinese Kung Fu, we've got a little Mexican Judo, as in 'Judon't know who you messin' with, homz.'"

a. Shanghai Noon
b. Drillbit Taylor
c. Starsky and Hutch
d. Armageddon

3 comments:

Kristina said...

That would be Drillbit Taylor! And I beat Molly :O

Today was a good day!

KT80 said...

Huh. It seems she beat me too. Not that I would have known the answer, anyway ;)

Molly and Molly said...

Oh I thought maybe A: Shanghi Noon (because of the Chinese thing).

Also, the trailer for Marmaduke *had* you?! Like, seriously considering it? Oh man.