Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Adrien Brody

I know I'm behind, just settle down.

Movies out Friday the 30th

Nightmare on Elm Street - Whoever thought it was a good idea to remake these ridiculous movies was sadly mistaken. However, now that it has begun, we have to deal with about 100 more remake sequels. Boo.

Furry Vengeance - Alas, I've hit that moment in life where stupid kids movies are sounding less appealing. I think it's because I turned 22. What a terrible day!

DVDs out Tuesday the 4th

Leap Year - A definite winner. I love Amy Adams and Matthew Goode. What a great combination and what a great movie!

Nine - I never got to see it in theaters so I'm gonna add it to Netflix. However, I did hear a not-so-wonderful review from my resident musical-loving friend which gave me doubts. Hence waiting til it was out on DVD.

Tooth Fairy - Negative.

Beautiful Goodies

Underrated movie of the post:
The Jacket. This is the movie that made me fall in love with Adrien Brody and it has only gotten better from there. His acting is amazing and I think the best part is how unassuming he always his. His features are very mellow, his eyes are beautiful, and, the best part, his voice is so odd. You wouldn't expect such a soft voice to come out of a tall, manly man. Love! (The movie is also awesome. The story and cinematography is great as well as the acting from Kiera Knightley and Kris Kristofferson.)

Movies to see:
Leap Year, Nine, and The Jacket.

Trailers of the post

Predators. Well there are 4 Alien movies, why shouldn't Predators keep up? Don't they always win in those stupid AvP movies? I think this is the 3rd so we can keep expecting awesome action. Great! (start at 45 secs)



The Expendables. Who doesn't love old guys duking it out? And did anyone else catch the short-Asian joke in the trailer? Awesome.



Name 7 Adrien Brody:
Cadillac Records, The Pianist, Darjeeling Limited, The Jacket, King Kong, Brothers Bloom, Fantastic Mr Fox.

Kevin Bacon Game:
Adrien Brody was in Darjeeling Limited with Owen Wilson who was in Marley & Me with Jennifer Aniston who was in Picture Perfect with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps.

Quote Quiz #162 winner:
Kristina with Notting Hill!

QQ #163: name this Adrien Brody movie:
"Eat your waffles, fat man."

a. Fantastic Mr Fox
b. Darjeeling Limited
c. The Brothers Bloom
d. Cadillac Records

2 comments:

Kristina said...

No idea but I love that quote and I'm going to use it! I will guess B

KT80 said...

I do not know. So: C