Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Richard Gere

DVDs out today

Adam - A very moving dramady that should have earned Hugh Dancy an Oscar nod, but alas those old dudes didn't take their heads out of their asses long enough to realize it.

Amelia - This movie wasn't in theaters very long. Probably because no one wanted to watch Hilary Swank. Or they couldn't understand how a woman would leave Ewan McGregor for Richard Gere. Or they just knew how it ended.

Love Happens - I never got around to seeing this one, so I'm adding it to my Netflix. Who doesn't love Aaron Eckhart and Jennifer Aniston and chick flicks?

New York, I Love You - A bunch of short stories directed by some famous people (Natalie Portman for one). This is going on my Queue as well.

Zombieland - Screw adding this to your Netflix Queues, go out right now and buy it! If you like zombie movies, gratuitous violence/gore, and hilarity then you NEED this movie.

Pretty Bride? Runaway Woman? Whatever. (Goodies)

Underrated movie of the post:
Runaway Bride. This is pretty much the only movie I've seen of Richard Gere's that I actually enjoyed (mildly at best). And it wasn't for Richard Gere either, whose character was rather annoying and I could completely understand why Julia Roberts kept running.

Movies to see:
Adam, Love Happens, New York I Love You, and Zombieland.

Trailers of the post: Conspiracy and Drama

Brooklyn's Finest. Another cop drama laden with conspiracy and confusion over who's good and who's bad.



Ghost Writer. Ewan McGregor couldn't even make me see this one. Conspiracy movies just don't do it for me.



Blood Done Sign My Name. Inspiration anyone?



Toe to Toe. A skanky white girl makes friends with a straight-laced black girl and they play lacrosse. The end.



Name 7 Richard Gere:
Nights in Rodanthe, Pretty Woman, Runaway Bride, Hunting Party, Primal Fear, Chicago, Amelia.
Kevin Bacon Game:
Richard Gere was in Primal Fear with Laura Linney who was in Mystic River with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

Quote Quiz #138 winner:
Kristina with She's All That. Indeed, she is!

QQ #139: name this Richard Gere movie:
"We all make choices, ______. You chose that life, you chose that man. Do you even remember who you really are anymore?"

a. Runaway Bride
b. Amelia
c. Nights in Rodanthe
d. Chicago

3 comments:

Kristina said...

I haven't seen a whole lot of Richard Gere movies but this sounds like something from Runaway Bride

Molly and Molly said...

hmm, then I'll say "nights of rodanthe" because it sounds very chick-flicky. i can just imagine all the cheesy passion.

KT80 said...

Well, Nights in Rodanthe and Runaway Bride are out, and it doesn't sound like it would come from Chicago, so I guess I'm gonna have to go with Amelia.

On a side note, you make me laugh :)