Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Jack Black

DVDs out today:

Marley & Me - I still refuse to see this movie on the basis that it looks too much like the Beethoven movies and I never liked those. I know that's close-minded or whatever, but I'm a person that sticks to their convictions, crazy or not.

Seven Pounds - I would still like to see this movie, but I'm not rushing out to see it. I'll wait til it makes it's way up my Netflix queue.

Slumdog Millionaire - YAY!!! I already bought it! So have my parents (and that's saying something. My dad usually dislikes everything and they haven't bought a DVD in ages). This movie is BEYOND amazing! The story and the presentation of said story was brilliant. It really is no wonder this movie dominated the Oscars this year. It's actually a travesty that it didn't win more than 8. Also, I'm in love with Dev Patel. He's officially made it into my Husbands List.

G-widdily-dweedily-oodies. Yeah.

Underrated movie of the post: School of Rock. This movie was actually quite funny and it had a pretty awesome soundtrack. I mean, who didn't want a teacher like Jack Black? Play music rather than learn? Sign me up!

Movies to see: SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE (If you haven't seen it: You. Are. Ridiculous. But don't bother asking to borrow my copy. I'm not letting it out of my sight), School of Rock, and Seven Pounds.

Trailer of the post: Year One. First off, I love Michael Cera. Secondly, I love when movies have a main star or two and then a whole bunch of hilarious actors make little cameos (i.e. Paul Rudd and David Cross). Thirdly, enjoy.



Name 7 Jack Black: Saving Silverman, Orange County, Kung Fu Panda, Nacho Libre, Anchorman, School of Rock, Tropic Thunder.

Jack Black was in Saving Silverman with Steve Zahn who was in You've Got Mail with Tom Hanks who was in Apollo 13 with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps.

Quote Quiz #57 winner: Katie with War, Inc! I'm so proud. Everyone needs to see this movie. It's beyond hilarious. Me + Dark Comedies = Love.

Quote Quiz #58: Name this Jack Black movie:
"That's the lamest excuse I've ever heard! That's totally non-sequitary!"

a. Orange County
b. Saving Silverman
c. Be Kind Rewind
d. Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story

I know you're probably upset that I didn't tell you what my Husband List was. So I will write it here. Because I'm so sure you want to know. Haha.

My Husband List as of March 31, 2009
1. Rupert Grint
2. Garrett Hedlund
3. Dev Patel
4. Zachary Levi (Not Efron you freaks. You know who you are.)
5. Bruce Willis

3 comments:

KT80 said...

i have absolutely no idea. so, im guessing b. yay.

and that trailer looks hilarious. can i claim you? :)

katrina the movie critic said...

be kind, rewind

Molly and Molly said...

i've seen everything except "be kind, rewind", so i guess that....except someone already did! blast ( i guess this is what i get for being so far out of my groove, but i promise i'll get back in the blogging habit asap)