Wednesday, February 11, 2009

An Ode to My Puppy

When I left for school Wednesday morning, I didn't know it would be the last time I would see my little Ginger. Only a few hours later, I returned to find that while I was away she had hurt her back and we had to put her down. All she did was go through her dog door for the millionth time, but this time she ruptured a disc in her spine. She couldn't move her back legs and the easiest thing for us to do for her is to put her to sleep.

While my family and I are severely broken over the loss of our puppy, I continue to think of all the happy times where her antics made me laugh. I'm also very glad that our last moments together were happy ones. She was sleeping in my lap as I watched television and ate cereal.

So here's to Gingersnap Christmas Cookie Skelnik. By far the greatest Dachshund there ever was.


She was always finding crazy places to sleep.

Begging and sleeping. She was the queen of both.

Looking good, Ginge.

Sleeping all day can be very tiring.

It takes skill to fall asleep like this. She was the master.

She was always convinced that anyone who went outside was going to splash her.

Another ridiculous sleeping spot.

The Original Weiner Bed. It ended up being too small for her neediness.

Built for burrowing...under covers.

The Skelnik Family

All decked out for Christmas

Everyone is a sucker when it comes to those big brown eyes.


Sleep well, Ginger. I will always love you.

Ginger Skelnik

1997-2009

1 comment:

Molly and Molly said...

oh ashley! i'm so sorry; i got an email from my mom. poor ginge, how sad for her to go but good that she didn't suffer long. her, the rudster, and alley-bally are all chilling out with bones and people food right about now. LOVE YOU!!!