Sunday, February 22, 2009

Nicolas Cage

I know I'm a little late in this post, but really nothing worthwhile came out this weekend, so I didn't miss much.

Movies out on Friday:

Fired Up! - An entire movie about two guys trying to sleep with hundreds of cheerleaders. No thanks. I don't care what you say, Katie Hesser, I'm not seeing this movie willingly. It looks completely contrived and predictable. While I usually like those kinds of movies, I'm going to have to veto this one on principle.

Tyler Perry's Madea Goes to Jail - Finally Tyler Perry puts out another movie with Madea in it. I guess from the other movies he's put out without her, he realized that the only way he's going to make money in Hollywood is if he dons that wig, those glasses, and that amazing mu-mu. Who knew cross-dressing could take someone so far?

See? Nothing interesting.

On another, more interesting note, I went to see Inkheart this weekend. It came out a while back and I have to say I was slightly skeptical of the plot even though I wanted to see it. Let me tell you, this movie is very intricate, but it is able to explain things very well. You pretty much knew what was going on the whole time and weren't lost. Also, Helen Mirran was the comedic relief (with a little help from Jim Broadbent) and it was action packed coupled with amazing special effects. Needless to say, I'm going to buy the movie and the book it was based off of. I just know I'm going to love both.

Goodies (no facial expressions necessary).

Underrated movie of the post: Matchstick Men. Here's an indie movie for you. Very good drama (and you know I rarely enjoy dramas). It revolves around Nicolas Cage who is a con man and his long-lost daughter shows up. He's also OCD or something so that adds to the fun.

Movies to see: Matchstick Men and Inkheart.

Trailer of the post: Knowing. This movie looks very intriguing and gives Nicolas Cage plenty of time to not show emotion. But you gotta love him. No really, you have to. He's a Coppola. They're like the Mafia of Hollywood.



Name 7 Nicolas Cage: Con Air, 8 MM, Ghost Rider, Lord of War, Adaptation, Weatherman, Matchstick Men.

Nicolas Cage was in Matchstick Men with Alison Lohman who was in Where the Truth Lies with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

Quote Quiz #46 winner: Katie with Junebug! This was a very cute/odd movie. I think the best part was Amy Adams and how pregnant/crazy she was. I would suggest it.

Quote Quiz #47: Name this Nick Cage movie:
"There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it."

a. Con Air
b. Weatherman
c. Lord of War
d. Matchstick Men

2 comments:

KT80 said...

um...i haven't seen any of these movies but i guess i'll go with a. just for fun.

just got done watching the oscars! you gonna do a blog on it?

katrina the movie critic said...

Lord of War