Monday, August 4, 2008

Busy Weekend

This weekend has been quite a sleep-deprived blur. It all started Thursday night when I went to see the midnight show of Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. I'm not going to lie, this movie wasn't stellar. I, being biased because I love the Mummy movies, enjoyed it regardless. There were only a few things that I couldn't really deal with:
1) The son, Alex, was the biggest douche ever. He is girl-crazy, thinks he's the coolest guy ever (when he's not, obviously, because Brendan Fraser is way cooler), and his British accent just wasn't good (he's from Australia. Wrong continent, loser).
2) Jet Li, while cool, is still lame in my books when it comes to this movie.
3) The Dragon Emperor could shape shift, but apparently only into a 3 headed dragon or one of those monsters from Where the Wild Things Are. No joke.
The movie did have it's redeeming qualities, though:
1) Maria Bello was in it and far cooler than Rachel Weisz since she apparently doesn't mind taking a role with a 20 year old son (I had so much respect for you, Rachel, and now all of that's out the window).
2) The special effects were very good as well as the story line.
3) Brendan Fraser, while having a few lame lines, was still kick ass and surprisingly very good looking shirtless. Who knew?

The next day, having worked a six hour shift, I still managed to stay awake to go get the last of the Twilight series, Breaking Dawn. I was also able to stay up until 4 before having to take a quick nap to regain some stamina. All in all, I finished the book in a record time of 11 hours. Not bad if I do say so myself.
The book itself was pretty good. After I read it, I was slightly disappointed in the cheesy way that Meyer took it. However, now that I'm not allowed to re-read it since other members of my family and friends have hijacked my copy, I find myself yearning for it once more. I realized that she took it in the only direction possible if she was going to wrap everything up nicely, which she did. The story was still interesting (and obviously still addicting) and I literally can't wait to start it all over again. I may have to steal it back at my own risk.
The Twilight movie is scheduled for December 12th and, despite my ever-growing fear that it's going to be stupid, I am anxious for the next few months to be over with (this could also be due to the fact that I hate school and want that to be over with before it has even begun).

Very Tired Goodies...

Underrated Movie of the Post: Laws of Attraction. I have recently acquired this movie into my collection and just watched it last night. Everything about this film is funny and romantic with Pierce "Bad Boy" Brosnan actually caring about someone other than himself. Besides all of that, Julianne Moore is one awesome actress and a redhead. Need I say more?

Movies to see: Mummy 3, Laws of Attraction.
Books to read: The Twilight Series (unless you have never had a uterus in which the books will be a useless waste of time for you).

Name 7 Brendan Fraser: Mummy Movies, Encino Man, Journey to the Center of the Earth, George of the Jungle, Bedazzled, Monkeybone, Crash.

Maria Bello was in Dark with Sean Bean who was in Troy with Garrett Hedlund who was in Death Sentence with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps.

2 comments:

KT80 said...

nurse katie would like to inform you that if a procedure called a histerectomy is performed on a woman, she no longer has a uterus. This, however, in no way changes her view of the book series twilight.

;)

KT80 said...

thank you for the correction :)