Monday, August 18, 2008

My Amazing Weekend

So during this last weekend, I did absolutely nothing and it was the most wonderful thing I've ever done (or not done, in this case). On Sunday I didn't even get out of my pajamas! The entire weekend, all I did was watch movies and do I have some doosies for you! Because I can't remember the order they went in (all of the movies blend together in my relaxing stupor) I shall just list them in alphabetical order.

Aeon Flux - I quite enjoy this movie. Although I vaguely remember bad reviews, I thought it was well done. It is all science-fiction-y and stuff. Besides that, Charlize is a babe. The only drawback is there isn't a dude to crush on. Bad move, I feel.

Blade 2 - Nothing about the first two Blades can erase the majesty of Blade Trinity and what Ryan Reynolds brought to this franchise. I personally believe that they would have made a fourth with good ole Ryan still in it if Snipes hadn't evaded his taxes or whatever he did. This movie was actually pretty good with the freak vampires with their splitting-open chins. Pretty gross and awesome! You aught to check it out just for the sake of saying that you've seen it.

Everything You Want - If you are classified as female, then you will want to see this movie. It is by far the biggest chick flick I have seen in a while. To be frank, I classify a chick flick as something that no self-respecting dude would ever be caught watching. This movie is at the top of that list because not even the humor from Will Friedle (Boy Meets World) makes it in the least bit manly. To sum up, dudes, stay away, but ladies, grab that tub of ice cream and those sweatpants and indulge yourselves.

Road House - First off, Patrick Swayze was quite the smarmy man back in the eighties. Secondly, women's hair in the eighties was supremely bad news. Lastly, who knew that Sam Elliot was good looking once? And he was 45 at the time! Imagine the possibilities of an even younger man! This movie is actually quite ridiculous and I wouldn't suggest watching it unless you want to see a ridiculous eighties movie.

Smart People - Yay, Ellen Page and Thomas Hayden Church. I love these two actors and I really very much enjoyed this movie as a whole. It is, as my mother says, "just like Juno" in the fact that it is both hilarious and dramatic at the same time. You can't get over the humor though and the story line is awesome. Thomas Hayden Church makes the movie which is nice because he hasn't been in much lately. Surprise of the movie? The son from History of Violence is in it as, and here's the shocker, the rebellious and out-spoken older son! Can anyone say "type-cast"?

Ultraviolet - I only caught the end of this one (my mom was watching it while I took a well-deserved nap after sitting on my butt all day) but I've seen it before and must admit that it is slightly enjoyable. It is on the same level as Aeon Flux, though, so I wouldn't take my review to heart. I just like Milla Jovovich and her type-cast role as the weird girl with mutant powers or special blood or fifth element-ness.

What's on my agenda next? Watch Penelope with my mom, finish a book I'm reading, shower, then start another book all with watching Goldeneye squeezed somewhere in between. I live a lovely lazy life.

Goodies!

Underrated Movie of the Post: Transformers. Okay, so for the past week or so I've been watching this movie at least once per shift at work because it just so happens to be the longest running movie we have in our cabinet. However, with all of my griping about Shia LaDouche and Megan "Slut-Bag" Fox, I really like this movie. Could it be because I really don't have a problem with these two actors or because I like the special effects and Josh Duhamel running around in army uniforms? I'll let you be the judge of that one.

Movies to watch: Aeon Flux, Blade 2 and Trinity, Everything You Want, Smart People, Ultraviolet and Transformers.

Name 7 John Travolta: Hairspray, Face/Off, Broken Arrow, Grease, Phenomenon, Michael, Look Who's Talking.

John Travolta was in Hairspray with Queen Latifah who was in Beauty Shop with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

Post Script: I'm now up to 142 movies having added Transporter and Transporter 2 to my collection recently. I get my scholarship refund check in the mail soon so I expect my numbers to increase dramatically before I won't be able to use my employee discount any longer. Yay movies!

No comments: