Thursday, August 7, 2008

Pineapple Pants!

Can you guess what this is going to be about? I know it's a toughy...

So in the past two days I went to see Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2 and Pineapple Express.
Pants was alright. It was late and I made snide comments throughout to the amusement of the few friends of mine who don't mind when I talk through movies. All in all, the movie can be described as "resolved". Every little issue that anyone had in the first movie (i.e. Bridget's mother issues, Tibby's trust issues, Lena's bravery issues, Carmen's identity issues) was resolved nicely in the end. It was dramatic with a few solar flares of humorous, but, in the end, a good chick flick worth watching at least once.
Pineapple Express was beyond hilarious. This movie captured the true essence of what I love in movies: humor to the extreme, senseless violence, explosions, a splash of dirty jokes and a sprinkle of smarmy. Add those ingredients together and you get the glory that is Pineapple Express. Go see it. Now.

On Tuesday nothing of extreme interest came out:

Nim's Island - I actually wanted to see this film in theaters, but no one would go see such a childish movie with me. Um, Wall-E, anyone? I reiterate: kids movies are good for you. They make you feel younger and they're always good for a chuckle or two. Seriously. I'm going to rent this one because not only is Gerard Butler in it, but it's a "magical" freaking island, people!

Starship Troopers 3: Marauder - I had no idea that there was a Starship Troopers 2, but I still consider this movie a waste. Then again, I haven't seen the first in years. Perhaps I'll get 1 and 3 (apparently 2 is of no consequence even in the show-biz world) and have a giant bug-killing fiesta!

Goodies! Ole!

Underrated movie of the post: Phantom of the Opera. Emmy Rossum and Gerard Butler? I had no idea that these two could sing. Then again, when I first saw this movie I had no idea who the heck they were. Regardless, this movie is just as classic as the Broadway show (not that I would know. I'm just assuming). Sure seeing things in the theater has a sort of grandeur, but movies are cool too! Anyway, the music is great, the story is weird, and the acting leaves a little something to be desired. Plus side? Minnie Driver is in it, but she doesn't sing. Consider yourself lucky!

Movies to see: Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 1 & 2, Pineapple Express, Starship Troopers 1 & 3 (why not?), Nim's Island and Phantom of the Opera.

Name 7 Jodie Foster: Panic Room, Contact, Brave One, Flight Plan, Nim's Island, Anna and the King, Taxi Driver.

Abigail Breslin was in Little Miss Sunshine with Greg Kinnear who was in As Good as It Gets with Jack Nicholson who was in A Few Good Men with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps.

Random thought of the post?


Can you guess which part I added to this insipid tattoo?

No comments: