Sunday, August 1, 2010

Jimmy Bennett and Jackie Chan

DVDs out Tuesday (27th)

Clash of the Titans - Honestly, the effects were cool and the action was awesome, but the story left something to be desired and the acting wasn't up to par. In other words, I don't think I'm going to buy it (right away). However, it is worth seeing if you haven't already.

Repo Men - I haven't seen this yet and I plan on Netflixing it. It looks really awesome, but I've heard only mildly interesting reviews. We'll have to see!

Robin Hood - I never saw it because it looked stupid and I heard that it was panned at the box office because it was really boring. I mean, Gladiator was an amazing movie, but it may have been a one hit wonder for the Ridley Scott/Russell Crowe combo...

Movies out Friday (30th)

Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore - The original was kind of stupid so I can't imagine why they bothered making a sequel. I guess they're running out of ideas for kiddie movies.

Charlie St. Cloud - At first the trailers looked really predictable. Then I read the book and realized I was wrong. Then the book was really predictable. So, all in all, the trailers are misleading, but the movie is still really predictable. I'll probably see it anyway.

Dinner for Schmucks - The title alone means I'll probably see it even if it didn't have two of the funniest actors of our generation (three if you count the rising star Zach Galifianakis). I can't wait!

Cute Kid and Bad-Ass Goodies

Underrated movies of the post:
Firewall. The movie never got the credit it deserved. There's tons of action, great acting, and a pretty great story. But most people have never heard of it. Kind of like Jimmy Bennett.
Shanghai Noon. Most people have a negative connotation associated with this movie because the sequel was pretty terrible. But if you watch the original again, you'll find yourself laughing just as much as the first time. Classic Owen Wilson comedy and they play up the language barrier to the extent where it's funny, but not over-the-top. What a great movie.

Movies to see:
Clash of the Titans, Repo Men, Charlie St. Cloud, Dinner for Schmucks, Firewall, Shanghai Noon.

Trailers of the post: Kiddie Movies

Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader. The older kids aren't supposed to be in this one, but I saw them in the trailer. I'm not complaining though because that Peter kid is easy on the eyes.



Tangled. I could listen to Zachery Levi's nerdy-hot voice forever. And I plan on it! (At least for about 90 mins.)



Name 7 Jimmy Bennett:
Orphan, Star Trek, Evan Almighty, Poseidon, Firewall, Shorts, Stolen.

Name 7 Jackie Chan:
Police Story, Forbidden Kingdom, The Tuxedo, The Medallion, Rush Hour, Shanghai Noon, The Spy Next Door.

Kevin Bacon Game:
Jimmy Bennett was in Poseidon with Emmy Rossum who was in Mystic River with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.
Jackie Chan was in Shanghai Noon with Owen Wilson who was in Marley & Me with Jennifer Aniston who was in Picture Perfect with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps.

Quote Quiz #184-185 winners:
Kristina with No Reservations and Me because no one guessed Godzilla! Yay!

QQ #186: name this Jimmy Bennett movie:
"We're lonely and boring and always getting in trouble because we have nothing else better to do."

a. Evan Almighty
b. Shorts
c. Snow Buddies
d. Poseidon

QQ #187: name this Jackie Chan movie:
"If one does not attach himself to people and desires, never shall his heart be broken. But then, does he ever truly live? I would rather die a mortal, who has a care for someone, than a man free from his own death."

a. Shanghai Noon
b. The Medallion
c. Forbidden Kingdom
d. Karate Kid

1 comment:

Molly and Molly said...

let's go with A. & D. although I have no real idea. you should add pictures sometimes; i had to google jimmy bennett (i had no clue who he was!)

also, you might have an addiction to buying movies. i say this based on your comments about Clash of the Titans. just something to look out for; i don't want you trading sexual favors for 3rd-rate DVDs!