Monday, August 9, 2010

Matt Damon, Sam Elliott, and Will Ferrell

DVDs out Tuesday (3rd)

Diary of a Wimpy Kid - I was never compelled to see it in theaters, but I think I'll add it to my Netflix queue merely because of Steve Zahn.

Kick-Ass - It had it's high points, but then it just got weird for a while. It was only good for the action/explosions. I really like that Aaron Johnson kid, though. And Mark Strong is always a favorite.

Movies out Friday (6th)

The Other Guys - This movie was hilarious! I love when Will Ferrell and Adam McKay get together because the movie they give birth to afterwards is destined for greatness. Every single time!

Step Up 3D - I demand that someone see this with me. I'm embarrassed to say so, but I'm more embarrassed to see it alone.

Twelve - Chase Crawford is in this. Beside the fact that it actually looks good, I'm already sold. It's only a limited release, though, so hopefully it's up in Scottsdale.

DVDs out Tuesday (tomorrow)

Date Night - I hear there are even more great bloopers on the DVD. And since the ones in theaters were so freaking great, I can only imagine what's in store for me when I buy it.

Death at a Funeral - The British version was great, so I'm not sure why America re-did it, but I'll see it anyway. If only to see James Marsden naked on a roof.

Meh... and Mustache-y and Laugh Your Ass Off Goodies

Underrated movies of the post:
The Brothers Grimm - While Matt Damon is not the main reason I like this movie, I can't help but admit that he wasn't that bad in it. It's not that I think he's a terrible actor (he's very good), he just doesn't intrigue me the way that Heath Ledger does (or any other co-star that Matt Damon has ever had...).
Ghost Rider - We can all admit that this was a pretty terrible movie. However, Sam Elliott really did make it a ton better. I'm convinced it would have gone straight to DVD without him. When I hear that voice or see that mustache I am mesmerized no matter what.
Anchorman - I know it's not underrated, but this is by far the best Will Ferrell movie I have ever seen. It never, ever gets old and is so quotable that if you approach a stranger on the street and say "You look like a gigantic blueberry" they will counter you with "You're a dirty pirate hooker. Go back to your home on whore island!" Priceless!

Movies to see:
The Other Guys, Twelve, Date Night, Death at a Funeral, The Brothers Grimm, and Anchorman.

Trailers of the post: Actions

Tomorrow, When the War Began - I've always been interested in stories of normal people carrying out normal lives and how they survive when the Nuclear War happens. This looks kind of similar minus the "nuclear" part. Still looks great though.



The Mechanic - I love Jason Statham and Ben Foster and action/explosions. So I may see this, but there are no guarantees. No, I'll be seeing it for sure.



Faster - The Rock being The Rock. Nothing else very interesting...



Name 7 Matt Damon:
Stuck on You, Saving Private Ryan, The Brothers Grimm, Ponyo, The Informant!, Invictus, Green Zone.
Name 7 Sam Elliott:
Road House, Golden Compass, Ghost Rider, Up in the Air, Did You Hear About the Morgans?, Big Lebowski, Marmaduke.
Name 7 Will Ferrell:
Step Brothers, Zoolander, Night at the Roxbury, The Producers, Bewitched, Blades of Glory, Austin Powers 1.

Kevin Bacon Games:
Matt Damon was in Saving Private Ryan with Tom Hanks who was in Apollo 13 with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.
Sam Elliott was in Did You Hear About the Morgans with SJP who was in Footloose with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.
Will Ferrell was in Stranger Than Fiction with Queen Latifah who was in Beauty Shop with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

Quote Quiz 186-187 winner:
Me because no one guessed Shorts or Forbidden Kingdom (respectively). I'm catching up! (not really).

QQ #188: name this Matt Damon movie:
"Well, the music seems to have turned horribly French."

a. Ocean's Twelve
b. Stuck on You
c. Dogma
d. The Brothers Grimm

QQ #189: name this Sam Elliott movie:
"You look like a nice enough fella. What are you doing working for these assholes?"

a. Ghost Rider
b. Thank You For Smoking
c. Up in the Air
d. Big Lebowski

QQ #190: name this Will Ferrell movie:
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I will kick you repeatedly in the balls!"

a. Step Brothers
b. Blades of Glory
c. Anchorman
d. Talladega Nights

2 comments:

KT80 said...

Woohoo! I'm first! I'll go with D, B, D. =D

Kristina said...

D,B,A...since you forced my hand :)