Friday, August 20, 2010

Jeremy Irons

Movies out today

Vampires Suck - I'm not sure about this one. On one hand, I love anything and everything that makes fun of Twilight. However, most, if not all, spoof movies are stupid.

Lottery Ticket - There are a lot of actors that I like, but there is something about the story that makes me wanna hurl. I can't put my finger on it, but it rubs me the wrong way.

Nanny McPhee Returns - I actually liked the first and I may possibly go see the sequel. Emma Thompson is great and Maggie Gyllenhaal is also a favorite. Who doesn't love a good kiddie movie?

Piranha 3D - I will NOT be seeing this ridiculous movie. I'm starting to take a stance against 3D movies because they only seem to make stupid movies more stupid. Or they make undeserving movies in 3D (Step Up 3), but movies that may actually benefit from that third dimension are left out (Scott Pilgrim).

The Switch - I am a huge supporter of Jennifer Aniston rom-coms and Jason Bateman has never let me down. Heck yes.

Sultry Sounding Goodies

Underrated movie of the post:
Die Hard: With a Vengeance. There is just something about Jeremy Irons in that skin tight t-shirt and horrific accent that makes me smile. And plus, Bruce Willis still had some hair left. Not that he isn't just as hot bald, but if he were to suddenly grow hair we wouldn't be surprised to see that it's brown.

Movies to see:
Nanny McPhee Returns, The Switch, and Die Hard 3.

Trailers of the post: Comedies

Barney's Version. I love Paul Giamatti. Even though some of the movies were misses, most of what I've seen him in were great. I think it's because he's just so likable, even when he's being a total jackass.



Colin Fitz Lives. I like these kind of films where everything is all over the place yet it is all tied together somehow into a cohesive plot. It showcases some great writing, or just really lucky writing.



Name 7 Jeremy Irons:
Casanova, Eragon, Die Hard 3, Stealing Beauty, The Lion King, Man in the Iron Mask, Kingdom of Heaven.

Kevin Bacon Game:
Jeremy Irons was in Eragon with Garrett Hedlund who was in Death Sentence with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

Quote Quiz #192 winner:
Molly with Rachel Getting Married. I haven't gotten around to watching it, but it does look very weird. At the same time, it's the kind of weird that I usually enjoy.

QQ #193: name this Jeremy Irons movie:
"Well, there is that, but also because I'm more intelligent than anybody else."

a. The Lion King
b. Die Hard 3
c. Casanova
d. Man in the Iron Mask

2 comments:

KT80 said...

I know it's not Lion King, and I'm pretty sure it's not Casanova, so I think I'm gonna go with b)Die Hard 3.

Molly and Molly said...

I'll go with D. Man in the Iron Mask