Monday, March 22, 2010

Super Catch-up Post! (Ellen Page)

Friday the 12th Theater Releases

Green Zone - A conspiracy theory movie. Nope. Matt Damon. No thanks. Nothing good can come out of this.

Our Family Wedding - I really think I want to see this, but I'm feeling a Meet the Parents vibe...

Remember Me - You would think that of the three movies listed here, I would never wanna see this. Ironically, the reason I do want to see this is because of Robert Pattinson. I know! Who knew? I think that he may show actual acting skills. There's only one way to find out...

Tuesday the 16th DVD Releases

Armored - Eh, it looks mildly interesting. I'll just put it on my Netflix queue and wait til it sneaks up to the top and surprises me.

Astro Boy - No thanks. I'll save watching this with some small child who demands it over Finding Nemo. And as that will never happen because Nemo is the greatest movie. Ever.

Did You Hear About the Morgans? - Again, I'll put it on my queue and just let it appear when the time is right.

Ninja Assassin - Um, amazing movie!! It is badass to the extreme!! The gore and action was awesome!!

The Princess and the Frog - Most definitely going to buy this movie. Most definitely.

Friday the 19th Theater Releases

The Bounty Hunter - I'm definitely going to see this. It looks pretty hilarious.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid - This looks pretty cute and Steve Zahn is one of my favorites.

Repo Men - I cannot wait to see this movie!! It looks so cool!

Stolen - I love Josh Lucas and Jon Hamm is pretty cool. However, this looks super, super dramatic and super x 2 dramas don't always work well with me.

DVDs out tomorrow (and last Saturday)

Twilight Saga: New Moon - came out on Saturday the 20th because it thinks it is cooler than normal movies. Too bad it was just as terrible as the first and only deserves a trash bin.

The Blind Side - See? It comes out on a normal day AND it is leagues better than that vampire crap. Go see this movie. It is beyond moving. Beautiful, just beautiful.

Brothers - I heard it was really dramatic and didn't even have a good ending to save it. Alas, I had such high hopes for Jake Gyllenhaal and Natalie Portman.

Fantastic Mr Fox - Looks pretty weird.

The Men Who Stare at Goats - I want to see this a lot. It's moving to the top of my queue ahead of the movies I'm supposed to watch for homework. Haha!

All-Around Awesome Goodies

Underrated movie of the post:
Smart People. This movie was funny in all of its dark and twisted hilarity. Ironically, Ellen Page was not nearly as funny as Thomas Hayden Church who completely stole the show.

Movies to see:
Our Family Wedding, Remember Me, Ninja Assassin, The Princess and the Frog, Bounty Hunter, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Repo Men, Blind Side, The Men Who Stare at Goats, and Smart People.

Trailer of the post

The Joneses. I'm liking it. I'm liking it a lot.



Name 7 Ellen Page:
Juno, Smart People, Tracy Fragments, Hard Candy, An American Crime, X-Men 3, Whip It.

Kevin Bacon Game:
Ellen Page was in Smart People with Sarah Jessica Parker who was in Footloose with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

Quote Quiz #149 winner:
Katie with Boondock Saints II!! Great movie!! I need to buy it...

QQ #150-153: Match these Ellen Page movies to their quotes (you can use them more than once):

150) "I'm just gonna go ahead and nip this thing in the bud. Cuz you know, they say pregnancy often leads to, you know...infants."
151)"I'm in an after-school special."
152)"Well you're not happy. And you're my role model."
153)"Screw you and your grandmother!"

a) Smart People
b) Juno
c) Whip It!

(I figured that you all love the quizzes more than anything so I'd give you four in one! Yay!)

3 comments:

Molly and Molly said...

First! Aah, okay okay calm down:

so 150 = Juno
151 = Juno
152 = Smart People
153 = Whip It

Oooh goody I don't even care if I get them right, I was FIRST!

Molly and Molly said...

so, now that I'm under control, some real comments:

-Michael calls "Green Zone", "Bourne in the Middle East".
-My students said Diary of Wimpy Kid was good, but not as good as the book (good kids!)
-Nana would wholly approve of your support for The Blind Side ("You have to see it! Have you seen it? Go see it!)
-Smart People is doing the Netflix-Queue-And-Show-Up-At-The-Perfect-Time dance right now.

<3 miss you hope your cruise was AWEsome and also did you get your presents from me? i think my mom left them at your parents' house?

Kristina said...

Dang it all to heck! Molly took all my answers!

That being said I want to see The Bounty Hunter!!!! And you know why, I propose we make it a cousin and go very soon