Monday, November 2, 2009

Morgan Freeman

DVDs out Tuesday

Aliens in the Attic - I wouldn't mind renting this one. I like Ashley Tisdale and that hot guy, Robert Hoffman (She's the Man, Step Up 2).

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - Kinda stupid, but the action and special effects were pretty great. And that's all a girl can ask for. Oh and Channing Tatum and Joseph G.L. (before he gets all creepy at the end)

I Love You, Beth Cooper - I never got around to seeing this one, but I wouldn't mind getting it on Netflix. I think it looks kinda funny and I like Hayden Panettiere.

The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 - Again, never got around to seeing it in theaters, but I do plan on renting it. There are two roles I like John Travolta in: when he's playing a woman and when he's the bad guy. He is fantastic in both!

Star Collections - 4-packs of certain actors and the movies they were best in, I guess. I'll list them for you.
Clint Eastwood
Frank Sinatra
Gary Cooper
Jack Lemmon
Jodie Foster (no Nim's Island, I'm shocked)
Michelle Pfeiffer (no Stardust, I'm shocked without the sarcasm)
Mickey Rourke
Nicolas Cage
Reese Witherspoon (the first two are the Legally Blondes. Seriously? I mean, I know she's best known for them, but I would hardly count them as worthy of a star collection)
Robert Downey, Jr. (no Tropic Thunder. Lame)
Sean Connery
Susan Sarandon
Winona Ryder

Narrating Goodies

Underrated movie of the post:
Kiss the Girls. This is an all-around fantastic movie. Ashley Judd (a favorite) teams up with Morgan Freeman to catch the guy who kidnapped her and is holding hostage a bunch of other ladies who he plans to kill eventually. She's the only one who escapes (because she's a badass) and they hunt him while he hunts her. Creepy good!

Movies to see:
Aliens in the Attic, G.I. Joe, I Love You Beth Cooper, The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3, and Kiss the Girls. (None of the Star Collections seem that interesting, unfortunately. Now if they made one of Heath Ledger of JGL, then we'd be in business)

Trailers of the post: Docu-dramas

Invictus. Clint Eastwood directs this one and I have never liked a movie directed by him (that I've seen) so I'm a little wary. But it has Matt Damon in it so I'm sure Katrina will be harassing me to go see it.



Nowhere Boy. This is about John Lennon's life and the creation of The Beatles. I tend to stay far away from documentaries, but I enjoy certain docu-dramas and this one looks pretty good. Plus it has that cute kid from Love, Actually.



Name 7 Morgan Freeman:
March of the Penguins, Wanted, Lucky # Slevin, Kiss the Girls, Bruce Almighty, Gone Baby Gone, Batman Begins.

Kevin Bacon Game:
Morgan Freeman was in Bruce Almighty with Jennifer Aniston who was in Picture Perfect with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

Quote Quiz #115 winner:
Kristina with Away We Go. She likes to win every other QQ, but it's a good strategy. She's sneaking up on first place!

QQ #116: Name this Morgan Freeman movie:
"People don't want a hero, they want to eat cheeseburgers, play the lotto and watch television."

a. Batman Begins
b. Feast of Love
c. Wanted
d. Se7en

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are picking movies that I love. Therefore, I believe I know the answer.

d. Se7en

Success...it was that or Wanted, but he was too pompous to say "cheeseburger" in Wanted.

Love, Diana

KT80 said...

I've no idea. I don't think I ever know the answer. So, like always, I'm going to my old standby, a), which just so happens to be Batman Begins.

On an unrelated note, I'm now craving a cheeseburger.

Molly and Molly said...

My first guess what Batman, so I'll go with Wanted.

<3 you're down for Sir Kirkington's royal parade on wheels right?