Monday, November 9, 2009

Kristen Wiig

DVDs out Tuesday

The Accidental Husband - I'm pretty excited about this movie coming out. I don't know why it was never released in theaters (meaning it is probably pretty terrible) but I'm going to rent it and most likely love it. That's just how I roll when Jeffrey Dean Morgan is involved.

The Ugly Truth - This movie was pretty predictable, but wasn't as terrible as everyone made it out to be. I mean, it had its moments. The crude humor was legitimate because of Gerard Butler's character, too, so I don't think everyone should freak out about that. The only thing I do feel was a mistake was Katherine Heigl's character. She really needs to get away from the "bitchy, uptight chick who becomes free-spirited and lovable in the end" kind of characters (27 Dresses/Knocked Up). I'd say it was smart of her to stick with Grey's Anatomy if it means avoiding being type-cast for the girl everyone loves to hate.

Disney's Up - This movie made me laugh and cry the entire time. I've never cried more at a child's movie than with this one, so watch yourself. Although, it is definitely worth watching because the little Asian boy and the talking dogs. Priceless!

Double the "i", Double the Fun-ny

Underrated movie of the post:
Whip It! Seeing as most of the movies she has been in she was only on screen for a few minutes, I'm forced to pick this one. I haven't seen Extract yet and I'm sure she's amazing in that, but I can only go with what I know. Wiig shows a different side of her acting chops in this movie. Her humor was much more subtle with a snide comment every now and then. The main focus was how good of an actor she is outside the funny role. She slowed things down a bit with a serious, motherly side as she coached Ellen Page through life. All in all, I didn't think it was possible to love her even more, but now I can honestly respect her as a legitimate actress.

Movies to see:
The Accidental Husband, The Ugly Truth, Up, and Whip It!

Trailers of the post: Wiig all the way!

How to Train Your Dragon. Let's face it, dragon's are cool.



Despicable Me. Let's face it, cartoons are cool.



Name 7 Kristen Wiig:
Knocked Up, Meet Bill, Adventureland, Ghost Town, Ice Age 3, Extract, Whip It.

Kevin Bacon Game:
Kristen Wiig was in Ice Age 3 with Queen Latifah who was in Beauty Shop with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

Quote Quiz #117 winner:
Kristina again with Hitman. She and Diana continue taking turns winning the QQs. Obviously Kristina has the 20 point advantage, but could Diana swing in as an upset? You'll have to wait and see!

QQ #118: Name this Kristen Wiig movie:
"I do believe in you. I just know you're gonna fail."

a. Forgetting Sarah Marshall
b. Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story
c. Knocked Up
d. Semi-Pro

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

B. is right. I'll take another point!
Diana

Anonymous said...

I'm going to go with C on this one

Kristina

Molly and Molly said...

balls balls balls! you're supposed to update on TUESDAYS!!!

erg, i was thinking b. but i guess for the sake of different guessing I'll say d.