Saturday, November 21, 2009

Greg Kinnear

Movies out Friday

Precious - I read the book that this movie is based on and it is very moving. Caution, though, because if the movie is anything like the book there are probably some very disturbing scenes. I mean, the premise is that this girl is pregnant with her second child by her father. If that doesn't scream disturbing I don't know what does.

The Messenger - I love Ben Foster and Woody Harrelson is popping up in everything lately. I can't help finding him hilarious even though this movie doesn't look funny at all. Did I mention I love Ben Foster?

The Blind Side - The trailer for this movie is pretty powerful in itself so I'm sure the movie will knock my socks off. I love Sandra Bullock and it looks like she should be nominated for an Oscar just by what I've seen in the trailer. That's how badass she is.

Planet 51 - It actually looks pretty cute and there are a lot of A Class celebs that loaned their voices to it. That's my favorite part of cartoon movies is figuring out who is the voice. Try it next time you're tricked into seeing a cartoon movie with a small child. It passes the time nicely.

Twilight Saga: New Moon - Really? Could the title be any longer? Would the crazy "Twi-hards" not know that a movie with "New Moon" as the title was a part of the Twilight Saga? And when did it become a "saga"? (If that's how cynical I am about the title of the freaking movie, imagine how I feel about the whole thing. haha)

Feel Good Goodies

Underrated movie of the post:
The Matador. This is actually a pretty great movie and you never know what's going to happen next. Kinnear gives a stand-up performance and who doesn't love Pierce Brosnan? It's very funny, kinda sad, and all around good.

Movies to see:
Precious, The Messenger, The Blind Side, Planet 51, New Moon, and The Matador.

Trailers of the post: Curse you Nicolas Sparks for writing books that are turned into movies that suck you in and then make you cry. Not cool, man. Not cool.

The Last Song. Miley Cyrus in a movie where there's music involved? Crazy. Also, playing a misunderstood, moody teenager who doesn't get along with her parents? Cliche. But hey, we all know that we'll see it and that dude she falls for is pretty bangin'.



Dear John. Ten bucks says that Channing Tatum dies and then she finds out and then one more letter comes after he's already dead. Just in case you weren't already sobbing, Sparks twists the knife a little. Jerk.



Name 7 Greg Kinnear:
Mystery Men, Stuck On You, As Good As It Gets, You’ve Got Mail, Invincible, Sabrina, Flash of Genius.

Kevin Bacon Game:
Greg Kinnear was in As Good As It Gets with Jack Nicholson who was in A Few Good Men with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

Quote Quiz #120 winner:
Molly with History of Violence. Great, yet a little disturbing, film. But I was pleased with the ending and that's all that really matters.

QQ Standings:
1. Molly 28.5
2. Katie 27
3. Kristina 16
4. Katrina 12
5. Diana 8
6. Janette 4
7. Beth 2
8. Michael 1
9. Justin 0

QQ #121: Name this Greg Kinnear movie:
"They call you bossy and controlling because you're a woman. But if you were a man doing the same stuff... you'd just be a dick."

a. As Good As It Gets
b. You've Got Mail
c. Someone Like You
d. Baby Mama

2 comments:

Kristina said...

The stars have aligned! I'm first and know the answer (I just watched this the other day)... D. Baby Mama

Kristina

Kristina said...

If you'll notice the time stamp my dear sister, I was on an actual computer not my phone. So there :)