Monday, August 3, 2009

Gary Oldman

I'm back! Did you miss me?

DVDs out Tuesday

Obsessed - I heard the only good thing about this movie was when Beyonce kicked Ali Larter's ass. However, that is not enough incentive for me to sit through the rest of the movie. Plus, I like Ali Larter. It's too bad she always plays the weirdo...

Race to Witch Mountain - I wanna see this movie! I was gonna make my family go, but then we never got around to it. I'm going to put it on my brand new Netflix queue right now!

The Soloist - While I like RDJ, I'm afraid I don't want to see this movie. It looks very good, don't get me wrong, but there is something about the intensity of the drama that turns me off. It looks too dramatic, if that makes any sense what-so-ever.

"Inability to Put Into Words How Awesome He is" Goodies

Underrated movie of the post: (How can I pick just one?)
Interstate 60. I think that this movie shows just how versatile Gary Oldman is. He can go from being a creeper (Air Force One, Lost in Space, The Fifth Element) to the guy you're pulling for (Harry Potter 3, Batman Begins) to a complete and utter crazy-ass. Which is what he is in Interstate 60. He plays a supernatural character who is half Leprechaun and half Native American (or something) who enjoys dragging unsuspecting people around alternate universes just because it amuses him. This movie also stars James Marsden and Amy Smart and it's really quite funny. I suggest it whole-heartedly.

Movies to see:
Race to Witch Mountain and Interstate 60 (and all of the other Gary Oldman movies I mentioned!!)

Trailers of the post:
The Book of Eli. This looks pretty freaking cool and the story is intriguing (which is saying something with all of the crappy or remade movies that are out).



Alice in Wonderland!!!!!



Name 7 Gary Oldman:
Batman Begins, Harry Potter 3, Bram Stoker’s Dracula, Lost in Space, Air Force One, Fifth Element, Quest For Camelot.

Kevin Bacon Game:
Gary Oldman was in JFK with Kevin Bacon: 1 step.

Quote Quiz #94 winner:
Kristina steals it again with Ever After. Diana also jumps onto the scoreboard! (it was kinda a tie, but instead of halving it I decided to give them both a full point since Kristina posted and Diana answered verbally)

QQ #95: Name this Gary Oldman movie:
"They got everything here from a diddled-eyed joe to damned if I know."

a. True Romance
b. Fifth Element
c. Interstate 60
d. Lost in Space

4 comments:

KT80 said...

I have no clue. So I'll go with the only one I've seen (and haven't seen in a long time) because it has Bruce Willis in it: b)Fifth Element

Anonymous said...

Since Katie took my answer I will guess D. Lost In Space

Molly and Molly said...

oh crap, i was going to say Fifth Element. I'm sorry i'm late to the party but i was buying a caaarrrrr!!!

and, yes!, i DID miss you. i'm glad you're back to the blogging world. i cannot wait to be back in your physical world to hang out & stuff (i.e. paint the town red. justine, anna mae, & kristina are all in)

Molly and Molly said...

since fifth element was guessed, i giving another go: True Romance. I don't remember gary oldman being IN that movie, but it is the most likely next choice.