Thursday, August 13, 2009

Dennis Quaid, Part 2

Movies out Friday
District 9 - I'm not so sure about this one. The documentary-like previews look weird and don't provide much of a plot. I think I'll wait this one out unless someone tells me it's the greatest movie ever made.

Bandslam - This is too pre-teen for me (and that's saying something).

The Goods: Live Hard. Sell Hard. - I'm mildly entertained by the trailer and, despite Jeremy Piven's apparent DB status, I may see it. There are enough good actors to out-weigh him.

Ponyo - I have no idea what this movie is about, but I do know it's a cartoon about a little baby made from water or something. I was never into Anime so I'm not feeling this one, but it's supposed to be really good.

The Time Traveler's Wife - Oh my goodness I'm so excited to see this movie. I'm not even sure why but Kristina thinks it's the song that plays during the trailer. This is completely plausible because the song during the trailer for Nights in Rodanthe convinced me to see that abomination of a film. Hopefully, though, TTW will be a whole lot better! Yay!

Like 'Em A Lot Goodies

Underrated movie of the post:
Smart People. A dark comedy, yes, but still very funny. It just goes to show how versatile Dennis Quaid is as an actor. He can go from a military guy (G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra), to a down-home dad (The Rookie, Parent Trap), to a genius with a kid, crazy brother, girlfriend, and some serious issues. I would suggest this movie because everyone in it is fantastic (Sarah Jessica Parker, Thomas Hayden Church, Ellen [insert third name here] Page). Rent it!

Movies to see:
The Goods: Live Hard. Sell Hard, Time Traveler's Wife, and Smart People.

Trailers of the post: Awesome.
Legion. This is a new preview but I am so freaking excited about it that I had to post it immediately. Ho. Ly. Crap! (Post script. I love Paul Bettany!!)



Law Abiding Citizen. Another new one that looks pretty interesting. I'll admit the first few seconds looked boring, but then I got further in and found myself highly intrigued. I love movies that revolve around a ordinary-looking guy who's out for revenge and turns out to be extraordinary (see: Shooter, Con Air). I like it a lot.



Name 7 Dennis Quaid:
Yours Mine and Ours, The Alamo, In Good Company, Jaws 3, Battle for Terra, Traffic, G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra.

Kevin Bacon Game:
Dennis Quaid was in Smart People with Sarah Jessica Parker who was in Footloose with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.

Quote Quiz #97 winner:
Katie with Closer! I know it's kind of mean of me, but I always feel a sense of pride when I trick people with my QQs. It lets me know that sometimes I'm able to pick a hard one because with Kristina guessing them all right in a matter of minutes I feel like I'm losing my touch!

QQ #98: Name this Dennis Quaid movie:
"I'm better at all these lies I've manufactured than I am at the ones I'm living."

a. Smart People
b. In Good Company
c. Playing By Heart
d. Frequency

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to guess B. And also, Mr. Moviefone said that District 9 is the best movie ever made so there you go... I don't like scary aliens but I'd be willing to have another cousin date and see it with you if you want.

Kristina

KT80 said...

no clue. i'm debating between a and c and i was kind of hoping the comment already posted would be one of them. but, alas, no luck. so i guess i'll have to pick ... a

Anonymous said...

Since a and b are wrong, I would like to choose C! Am I right? Can I get some points? Please...

Anonymous said...

Love Diana