Thursday, July 23, 2009

Drew Barrymore and the Mondo Post

Because of my impending week-long absence (where I will be frolicking among the waves of Cabo) I have decided to write a mondo post to keep you informed of the important movie news. I will be combining three posts into one, so you should probably not sit down to read it all at once for fear you will stay up past your bedtime (Katie Hesser). Adios!


Movies out Friday the 24th

The Answer Man - It's an Indie film, but it stars Jeff Daniels and Lauren Graham (both are amazing). I hope it doesn't stay limited, but if so, I hope it at least comes to Scottsdale. I really wanna see it.

G-Force - Talking gerbils? No thanks.

Orphan - Crazy/possibly murderous little girl? Double no thanks.

The Ugly Truth - Gerard Butler is a babe and Katherine Heigl is pretty cool, but I don't really have high hopes for this one. I mean, I'm gonna see it, but I've got low expectations (usually that's the way to go for chick flicks and rom-coms).

DVDs out Tuesday the 28th

Dragonball: Evolution - This movie was wonderfully cheesy and Justin Chatwin was adorable AND hot (a very rare combo). I'm going to buy it just because I can (and I want to!).

Fast & Furious - Despite killing off one of my favorite characters in the first ten minutes, this movie still lived up to it's ancestors' high speed action and stupid plot line legacy. However, if you are in any way an action movie fan, you should see all of the F&F movies. They're important even though they border on dumb.


Movies out Friday the 31st

Aliens in the Attic - Looks mildly amusing and stars Ashley Tisdale and that hot guy from Step Up 2 so has potential.

The Collector - A Saw-esque film about some creeper and his booby-traps that kill or something. The trailer looked dumb (and had a spider in it) so I don't think so.

Funny People - I want to see this movie a lot. I love Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen, and Jason Schwartzman and the premise just looks great. I'm a little bummed that I'm not going to be in town for it, but hopefully one of my loving friends will take me to see it when I return (ahem, Diana, ahem).


Classic goodies


Underrated movie of the post:
Never Been Kissed. Drew Barrymore embodies all the awkwardness of a teenager, but makes it funny as an adult. Half of you can't watch because it's just too embarrassing while the other half can't help but watch to see what kind of mess she gets herself in next. All of this doesn't amount to the real reason why this movie is so great: Michael Vartan. So fine.


Movies to see:
Answer Man, Dragonball: Evolution, Fast & Furious, Aliens in the Attic, Funny People and Never Been Kissed.


Trailers of the post. Theme: Hilarity.
Whip It! This is Drew Barrymore's directorial debut and just by the preview I can tell it's gonna be a winner. I can't wait to see it!



Extract. I don't really know what the plot is, but there are too many great actors in it to pass up. Hopefully it doesn't go drama-y and sticks with the pure, unadulterated comedy. (Yay Kristen Wiig!!)



Mystery Team. To balance out the trailers, I'm posting this movie with a bunch of no-name actors. It's Indie and looks a little silly, but it has promise.




Name 7 Drew Barrymore:
Donnie Darko, Ever After, Bad Girls, Music and Lyrics, Beverly Hills Chihuahua, Batman Forever, He’s Just Not That Into You.


Kevin Bacon Game:
Drew Barrymore was in He's Just Not That Into You with Jennifer Aniston who was in Picture Perfect with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.


Quote Quiz #93 winner:
Molly steals Sweet November for the win!


QQ #94: Name this Drew Barrymore movie:
"Why did you have to be so wonderful?"

a. Lucky You
b. Ever After
c. Music and Lyrics
d. Never Been Kissed

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

B. Ever After...take that Molly :)

Have fun in Cabo lady,
Kristina

Molly and Molly said...

Oh crap, she's right! I am remiss for not checking this last night, but I was drinking white russians & it slipped my mind (meaning, i fell asleep very early!)

Molly and Molly said...

ashley.....cooooommmmmeeee hhhhooooommmmeeeee. i miss you even though i don't even see you -- you're internet pull has much force!