Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Overload

I've been out of the loop for the past week because homework was most literally created by the Devil who loves to heap it upon you all at once, especially when you don't have time for it. Curses. Because of this, I've missed a lot in the movie production industry and must now compensate. I warn you, there's a lot, so make sure you have more time than it usually takes to read my stupid blog or skim.

DVD releases I've missed:

Ironman - Yay.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall - Wasn't interested while in theaters, but Netflix says I'm going to give it 4.5 stars out of 5 and Kristina swears by it so I'm going to give it a shot. Thank you computer and cousin!

The Happening - Marky-Mark and Zooey Deschanel out run a mysterious something that causes you to commit suicide. It's a Shyamalan and approach with caution because some of the scenes of suicide are pretty graphic. So watch out Aunt Janette!

Sleeping Beauty - The classic Disney movie which just makes you happy to watch it. Plus it's only 76 minutes so why not give it a shot?

You Don't Mess with the Zohan - Alex dragged me to this movie and, like Mike Myers' Love Guru, it is classic Adam Sandler. So if you are a die hard Sandler fan, rent this. You're sure to love it.

Indiana Jones 4 - I will eventually get this movie, but it's not something I'm going to run out and get straight away. I think that speaks volumes.

The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything - Veggie Tales! I was planning to see this movie in theaters, but I honestly can't remember it ever being in theaters. How sad.

Movies that came out in theaters last Friday:

The Express - The first time I saw this trailer, I was choked up, literally. The trailer almost made me cry. I think that goes to say this movie is probably really good and I am going to try to see it as soon as possible. Plus I love Dennis Quaid. His smile makes his face all crinkle-y.

Quarantine - Scary movie about being trapped in a crazy-ass apartment complex with people who try to eat you or something. Not scary enough? The freaking police are the ones trapping you inside! That's a big NI (not interested).

City of Ember - Something about living underground. I'll probably see it if I run out of things to see.

Body of Lies - Another Leonardo DiCaprio film where he's in a high-pressure situation AND has nasty facial hair. Why grow out a goatee to obscene lengths? I ask you. Anyway, my Arthurian Literature professor said it wasn't very good. Not like I was planning on seeing it anyway.

Movies that come out this Friday (in case I crap out on you all again)

Max Payne - I am very pumped up for this movie even though no one seems to want to see it with me (right away at least. My dad's all for going in a week or so when "the crowd" dies down. Bleh). Marky-Mark and Mila Kunis star in this weird action/horror-ish movie that is vaguely reminiscent of Constantine. And we all know how much I love Constantine.

Sex Drive - I honestly don't know much about this movie except that it stars James Marsden and Seth Green on a cross-country trip so that James Marsden can lose his virginity to some hot chick he met on the Internet. Winner. I'm going to see it because I want to see if James Marsden gets the girl in the end. Don't understand? That's a story for another post.

The Secret Life of Bees - This is the much-talked-about Dakota Fanning movie where she apparently gets raped. Controversial, no? Well it is even more so in my book because I'm afraid that Paul Bettany, who plays her father, is going to end up the rapist and I love him too much for that! I wanna see it though because of Alicia Keys, Queen Latifah, and Paul Bettany, rapist or no. Also, Hilarie Burton from One Tree Hill is also supposed to be in it. Yay Peyton!

W. - I can't figure out if I want to see this movie or not. On one hand it looks hilarious, but on the other it might be too political for me (I mean political satire which, in my opinion, is the lowest form of satire mostly because I don't usually get it). It's got some pretty great actors in it, though. So if you like political satire and hate George W, then I suggest you partake.

Goodies!

Underrated movie of the post: The Mask. Jim Carrey is awesome. Incidentally he's got a new movie coming out that looks to be more of his kind of deal (like Mike Myers and Adam Sandler). Not that I don't love Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind or Number 23, but I miss funny Jim. Serious Jim can get you down sometimes.

Movies to see: Ironman, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, The Happening, Sleeping Beauty, The Express, Max Payne, Secret Life of Bees, and The Mask.

Random thought of the post: Still very sorry for the last post that you had to stare at for the past week. I was just reading it again and am even more embarrassed than when I was writing it. However, it has given me an idea for a new Goodie. Starting next post, I'm going to add "Actor of the post" to the list and give you updates on whoever strikes my fancy at that particular moment. Exciting.

Name 7 Julianne Moore: Children of Men, Boogie Nights, Forgotten, Laws of Attraction, Jurassic Park: The Lost World, Evolution, Blindness.

Shia LaBeouf was in Eagle Eye with Michelle Monaghan who was in North Country with Charlize Theron who was in Trapped with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps.

Quote Quiz #13 winner: No one! The answer was Four Brothers. Katie I suggest that next time you don't overestimate my thought process because I didn't even think about anything you just said. It was just the funniest quote. Smolls I suggest that if coming in second place you give a different answer than the person before you just in case they're wrong. Because Katie was W-R-O-N-G. Haha. Just kidding, love you both.

Quote Quiz #14: What movie is this James Marsden quote from?
"Who would you be, Count Chocula or Trix Rabbit?"
a. Hairspray
b. Sugar & Spice
c. Disturbing Behavior
d. Gossip

3 comments:

KT80 said...

I know it's not a. i think it's b. and geez, if you keep making fun of me every time i answer wrong i may not answer at all. how would you feel then?! lol

Molly and Molly said...

a mega-post deserves a mega-comment:
--forgetting sarah marshall was a pretty sweet movie - i really liked it because i have a huge girl-crush on kristen bell. veronica mars stills my beating heart! and there's a wiener
--my family got quite a few mentions! woo
--i don't think that james marsden is the main character in 'sexdrive', it's some wierd kid with black hair
--your dad's 'crowd' comment makes him sound old (but don't tell him i said that, tell him i said that i think he's totally a handsome, young, cool dude)
--ahh! paul bettany don't be a rapist!
--i just watched the mask a few weeks ago, it was funny.
--for this weeks quote quiz, i WOULD give a different answer than katie, but i'm positive that it's B (did you see it on tv yesterday too?)

phew, that was a lot. i should have just written a post on my own blog!

Ashley Skelnik said...

Molly,
This is uncle Jim. Wow, I'm hurt. That's all I have to say..... you better work to make this up.....
Have a great day!
Love Uncle Jim