Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Connery. Sean Connery.

So there's nothing really interesting to say today. This is just to kill time in between classes (boo classes!). So let's do this thing!

DVDs out today

Journey to the Center of the Earth - First off, I love Brendan Fraser. Secondly, this DVD comes with 3D glasses! Cool! I wanted to see this in theaters but never got around to it so I'll be sure to Netflix this sucker.

Kit Kittredge - This is yet another American Girl movie that actually made it to theaters just because they finally got some good actors to sell it (i.e. Abigail Breslin, Joan Cusack, Stanley Tucci, and Chris O'Donnell...). Scratch that, they got some good actors and some well known actors that kind of suck now to sell this movie. Either way, I'm not going to go out of my way to see this one because I'm kind of past this type of "Goodie Two Shoes" kiddie movies. I prefer movies where the characters have flaws (i.e. Dory and her memory, Mr. Incredible and his secrets from his wife, Kuzco and his llama issues, etc.).

Tinkerbell - This one is going on Netflix for sure. Who doesn't love fairies? I know I do!

Zombie Strippers - I honestly have no comment about this movie. I just love the title.

Recently viewed movies:

Meet Bill - Yay Aaron Eckhart, Timothy Olyphant and Elizabeth Banks (and even Jessica Alba did a good job), but the center of this movie should be Logan Lerman. Never heard of him? Of course not, he's one of my secrets. He steals the show in this movie and has been in a bunch of stuff you've heard of with big name actors. So in other words he's the male version of Dakota Fanning. The crux of my new-found love for this kid is just that: he's a kid. He just turned 16 in January. That's younger than my brother. Alas.

Winter Passing - Wierdo movie with Will Ferrall, Ed Harris, and Zooey Deschanel, but I liked it simply because of Zooey Deschanel. She's my new favorite. Check her out in: The Happening, Bridge to Terabithia, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Elf, The New Guy, Failure to Launch, and Almost Famous.

The Rock - Yay Sean Connery!

Bandits - Awesome Bruce Willis flick at his finest (and with hair!). Also with Billy Bob Thornton and Cate Blanchett. Really funny movie, I suggest you watch it someday.

Goodies!

Underrated movie of the Post: Die Hard 3. I know that the first Die Hard is the best and I'm not contesting that. I'm simply stating the Die Hard 3 deserves some recognition because it is really awesome! Also, to come back from Die Hard 2 and produce a good movie is not only a risk, but a major feat considering what a let down the second one was. Most would give up! But not my Bruce. They put together a kickass cast (Samuel L. Jackson, Jeremy Irons) and a cool plot line and there it was! Yay!

Movies to see: Bandits, The Rock, Meet Bill, Tinkerbell, and Zombie Strippers (just because).

Actor of the Post: Sean Connery. He is the one true Bond. There I said it.

Name 7 Sean Connery: Indiana Jones 4, Playing By Heart, The Rock, James Bond, Entrapment, Hunt for Red October, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Sean Connery was in Entrapment with Catherine Zeta-Jones who was in Chicago with Queen Latifah who was in Beauty Shop with Kevin Bacon: 3 steps.

I'm going to leave Quote Quiz #16 up since Molly is still out deliberating. But I'll still add a Quote Quiz #17.

Quote Quiz #17: What Sean Connery film is this quote from?
"If you can't do it with one bullet, don't do it at all."
a. Diamonds Are Forever
b. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
c. The Rock
d. Hunt for Red October

2 comments:

KT80 said...

i know this one! it's b. fabulous movie.

and btw, he's in indiana jones 3. just his picture is in 4. so you know. ;)

Molly and Molly said...

bah! i'm always too late! i was going to say 'b' too. i bet katie thinks i'm such a copy cat.

also, i've got no clue about the first quote quiz - so you're free to award the winner to....not me