Thursday, October 23, 2008

HSM (Half-witted Stupid Movie) 3

Because of a promise I supposedly made with my friends months and months ago, I am going to see High School Musical 3 at midnight tonight. Apparently, since it's a stupid movie, no one will be at this screening of the film and we'll be able to mock it openly. However, the fact that I'm paying to see this movie both in dollars and sleep, makes us just as dumb as the (adult) people who are going to see it for real. Also, I shouldn't be held accountable for things I say months and months ago. That is all.
~ Movies out tomorrow:
HSM 3 - Zac Efron's skin color is the same as his hair color. That is only one of the signs that he is the Devil.
Pride and Glory - Half of me wants to see this movie because it has Edward Norton in it, but the other half doesn't want to see it because it has Colin Farrell in it. Which half will win out? Who knows, I know I don't.
Saw V - The worst aspect of these movies is there are going to be two more after this one.
~Voting Game winners (even though, Katie never voted. Shame on you!)
>Captain America should be: Either Brad Pitt (Katrina's vote) or Garrett Hedlund (My vote).
>The most ridiculous picture of Edward is: C.
This is my vote because he looks utterly preposterous. Everyone else looks normal and he's all angry/angsty face. Dumb.
>Favorite Marvel movie: X-men simply because we all wrote it down in our answers.
>Most Looked-Forward-To movie: Quantum of Solace (even though it has a dumb name, I voted for it as well).
~A note on the Voting Game: You need to vote (Katie) for every one even if you don't have an opinion (Molly/Katrina). Just think of it as those inane personality quizzes where none of the answers really apply to you, but you have to pick one anyway. If you don't, it doesn't work.
~Goodies!
>Movie of the post: Hearts and Souls. This is an oldie from back before Robert Downey, Jr. was addicted to stuff *or in rehab for being addicted to stuff*. It is beyond cute and also stars Elizabeth Shue, Alfre Woodard, and (dum da da dum!) Kyra Sedgewick who is awesome because she's married to (dum da da dum!) Kevin Bacon! The story is adorable and so is RDJ, although I prefer him with his little goatee. Hot.
>Movies to see: Hearts and Souls. That's it! Nothing remotely worth seeing comes out this weekend. How sad.
>Actor of the post: RDJ since I've already mentioned him. There's a lovely quote I got via the Bumper Stickers application on Facebook (don't make fun of me) and it says: "Sorry your years of hard work weren't as fruitful as Robert Downey, Jr.'s years of snorting smack." I think that sums it up. Despite his past and what a cocky butthole* he is in the present, we can't help but love him. Why is this? His eyes. Have you seen Iron Man? Half of the movie, the screen is filled with his face and his gigantic brown eyes. They're beautiful. Illegitimate-child*.
>Name 7 Paul Bettany (who was in Iron Man with RDJ. I know it's a stretch): A Knight's Tale, Da Vinci Code, Beautiful Mind, Firewall, Iron Man, Secret Life of Bees, and Wimbledon.
>RDJ was in Hearts and Souls with Kyra Sedgewick who was in Loverboy with Kevin Bacon: 2 steps.
>Quote Quiz #15 winner: Molly! You're back in the race! Well done! The answer was Narnia which I thought it was probably a give-away with the dwarf bit, but he could have said it in one of the others. It could've just been an awesome insult. In fact, I'm going to use it one day...
>Quote Quiz #16: Which RDJ movie is this quote from?
"Doesn't that suck? I just hit you for no reason. I don't even know why."
a. Scanner Darkly
b. Tropic Thunder
c. Hearts and Souls
d. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
>Post Script: What do you think about my shortening of Robert Downey, Jr. to RDJ? I've never heard anyone else say it, so I started it if it goes global. You heard it here first! Haha.
* words edited in the case that my grandparents read this.

2 comments:

KT80 said...

You are such a baby. I tried to let you out of it, and you insisted on going, and you did the midnight showing thing which i never insisted on or even suggested, so stop whining lol. and i have now voted.

in other news, yay for non-rapist paul bettany! i am guessing a. and RDJ is pretty cool. and convenient. his name is long.

Molly and Molly said...

i'll be back later when i've thought of which RDJ movie the quote is from (& clearly i love initial-ing people's names). i would mainly like to congratulate you on the fancy-pants-ness of your latest post! Headers & fonts & squiggle lines -- you are getting professional!